Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

2 minutes ago, WHY said:

Only been on the pitch 20 mins but easily MOTM. Looked a different team since he came on. 

Thats not even claret and blue bias. He breaks the lines and lets a game be stretched.  First half we tried to play them at their own game and came up short  subs come on that have pace and all of a sudden we can create. 

Is it only me or is Harvey Elliott not that good ? 

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Thats not even claret and blue bias. He breaks the lines and lets a game be stretched.  First half we tried to play them at their own game and came up short  subs come on that have pace and all of a sudden we can create. 

Exactly mate, he made the difference, created the space for everyone else with his driving runs. On Elliott he’s still young, only 19. He had a poor game today but there is a player in there. Don’t forget he has also had a fairly serious injury for someone so young. 

• Like 1

Did brilliantly for England's third, drove through the midfield at pace and then passed to Madueke who crossed to Jones for simple tap-in, but commentary gave him no credit whatsoever, talked as if it was all down to Maduek and Jones. He did well when he came on, and always looks one of if not the best player on the pitch when I see him for England U21s.

He did well defensively when he came on as well, stopped what would have been a very good France opportunity with a block on the edge of their box, and was also pressing well as well, which wasn't causing them to lose the ball for the most part, but did force them to pass sideways or backwards, they weren't able to move forward through our midfield as easily, something that the other midfielders weren't doing before he came on. We know about his attacking talents, but his overall midfield ability gets overlooked

Impressed again with JJ.  Been a really good week for him.  Pity the moron who manages the National team is so anti Villa in that JJ won’t get a call up.  Pity Purslow can’t ban that idiot from VP as it’s obvious he’s so anti Villa that he’s taking it out on the players.  However we’ll done JJ long may it continue.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, useless said:

He did well defensively when he came on as well, stopped what would have been a very good France opportunity with a block on the edge of their box, and was also pressing well as well, which wasn't causing them to lose the ball for the most part, but did force them to pass sideways or backwards, they weren't able to move forward through our midfield as easily, something that the other midfielders weren't doing before he came on. We know about his attacking talents, but his overall midfield ability gets overlooked

Yep. He is a fairly experienced player now. 81 appearances for Villa. The most experienced player in rhe U21 squad in terms of top flight appearances.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, burchy said:

Impressive from JJ as that was not a shit French side looking at who was involved.

I didn’t see the game itself, how did Archer play and also Cherki for France?

The condensed version

First 60 mins . France brilliant.  England couldnt lay a glove on them . Cherki was immense. But Smith Rowe scored a header ( the only thing he did all game ) 

Cam was isolated but put himself about. One chance in the game.and that was well saved. 

Last 30 madouke curtis jones and jj came on and ran the show. Against a much changed france side 

JJs running with the ball and breaking lines changed the game. 

• Thanks 1

mad to think he is still only 21 (22 in May), seems like he has been around for a fair while, been a regular for 2 seasons, and played 22 games in his first season with the senior squad, 81 games in total for Villa according to Wiki.

not three bad, hopefully he continues to develop under Emery's guidance.

Edited by MaVilla

4 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Very overrated from what I’ve seen and pure Liverpool bias him starting. 

4 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

At u21 level he is physically intimidating. His pace and athleticism let him get away from anyone . And just as i say that.....

Same in the Premier League just he takes over when opposition is tired so starts games slowly

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

mad to think he is still only 21 (22 in May), seems like he has been around for a fair while, been a regular for 2 seasons, and played 22 games in his first season with the senior squad, 81 games in total for Villa according to Wiki.

not three bad, hopefully he continues to develop under Emery's guidance.

Essentially, he's absolutely taken the chance afforded him at Villa through a conflux of injury, high-profile transfers falling through / lack of more pedestrian but senior alternative, and never looks out of place against any opposition in the PL, plus is still only 21.

This kind of story is what we dream about as fans. Love it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Essentially, he's absolutely taken the chance afforded him at Villa through a conflux of injury, high-profile transfers falling through / lack of more pedestrian but senior alternative, and never looks out of place against any opposition in the PL, plus is still only 21.

This kind of story is what we dream about as fans. Love it.

I dont think he got his break that way though. Smith believed in him and we didn't have some major injuries in midfield to get his chance

• Like 1

Â