Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

57 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

We suddenly seem to have a plethora of players who can play in tight spaces. Luiz can (when he's on it), Sanson looks like he can, even McGinn is now looking comfortable doing it. Plus Buendia (who will get better), Ramsey and Traore, it's exciting now Gerrard has got us playing nicely with the ball.

Thanks, it means a lot.

• Haha 2

He made 18 passes. The only player from both starting 11s with less was Kasper Schmeichel.

He was dispossessed on the ball 5 times. That was more than double any other player. 

Edited by DCJonah

He was playing out of position and did a job for the team yesterday. Should have had a goal, and possibly an assist for Watkins (although Watkins should square for Cash there tbf).

I get the impression that for a lot of our fan base that Carney is the new flavour of the month from our academy, and I think JJ is massively undervalued - 

He’s still only 20 years old and he’s improving. I don’t know what we expect sometimes.

Ramsey is great, but perhaps not the natural technical ability that Carney has. All that means is Ramsey, with his engine and ability to move with the ball, is more suited to playing a number 8 role whereas Carney is more of an advanced midfielder.

It's not a case of who's better. I'd love to see both in the team one day - whether that's this season or in a couple of years time. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Gerrard seems a big fan, think he will be one of the first names on his team sheet 

I agree with the first part, but I think on the second part he'll be the one that misses out ultimately

I can't see him prising Nakamba, Luiz or McGinn out of the middle at the moment  - so he's competing with Chukwuemeka, Young and El Ghazi for the second 10 spot next to Buendia. With Bailey back after Christmas and the potential for Ings to push Watkins into one of those spots, that's quite a difficult battle - I think he might start the next one, but he'll need a performance to keep Carney and Young out.

I'm not sure many could have forecasted how well JR has stepped up this season and certainly forced himself to be an equation in our midfield conundrum.

However for me he is not a RW, the last two outing for him being played there have been his more disappointing appearances of the season. He is increasingly having fewer and fewer touches in that role (which is somewhat a given for a winger vs midfielder) but his ability of being able to dribble out of tight spaces isn't really used to the same extent on the wing. Most notable is in both games he played RW you would assume as a defensively minded midfielder he would provide more cover than a traditional winger but in both cases Cash was extremely isolated and most of Leicester and Liverpool's joy came from Barnes and Robertson respectively.

Understand with current injuries it has been needs must situation but he needs to return to CM if he returns to the XI for me.

• Like 4

Yeah he's not been great in the forward right role. I don't think he's good enough to push his way into the centre right now, either though. McGinn and Nakamba are playing well. Luis not so much, but it's him and Samson Ramsey now has to get past, with Chuk also nipping at his heels. He's got his work cut out for him

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ZL- said:

I'm not sure many could have forecasted how well JR has stepped up this season and certainly forced himself to be an equation in our midfield conundrum.

However for me he is not a RW, the last two outing for him being played there have been his more disappointing appearances of the season. He is increasingly having fewer and fewer touches in that role (which is somewhat a given for a winger vs midfielder) but his ability of being able to dribble out of tight spaces isn't really used to the same extent on the wing. Most notable is in both games he played RW you would assume as a defensively minded midfielder he would provide more cover than a traditional winger but in both cases Cash was extremely isolated and most of Leicester and Liverpool's joy came from Barnes and Robertson respectively.

Understand with current injuries it has been needs must situation but he needs to return to CM if he returns to the XI for me.

think it shows what gerrard thinks of el ghazi that ramsey plays RW over him.

last I checked we aren't even playing with 'wingers' under SG.  We use two 10's behind Watkins.  Ramsey is not playing RW.  He's playing more as a RAM behind Watkins.  We basically have 5 midfielders in the game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Arguably the best club back 4 of all time. 

Fantastic, and a stupendous team.

Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta Tassotti was probably even better, but once again AC Milan. They've had some ridiculous defenses over the years.

Â