Match Thread: Wigan v Villa

limpid

We need more in the middle. Need a lot more composure on the ball, we're giving it away nearly every time we have it, it gave them more and more and more confidence. Pull Bolasie and El Ghazi back a bit and lets make it more like a 5 across the middle and just keep the **** ball for 5 minutes to get some rythym and confidence back. The last 20 minutes was really poor.

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s gotta be coming out and claiming the cross though for the second save. It was in the air for an age! 

I didn't notice, if I can bring myself to watch it again I'll have a look :D 

Hause and Hutton need to be on for the appalling Full backs.

Push BB into the middle and push one of the midfielders up to support tammy.

Pinging it out wide every time especially to our left where Taylor is supposed to be but hasn't all game.

This looks dire at the moment against a dire team.

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We've not taken care of the ball and we've not closed them down when they've had it. 

It's not rocket science.

It's a pity because every time we make the effort to play a bit we look a class above these.

Basics,

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Refuse to judge Smith in any way until he can sign his own players. Bruce assembled this shit. Which quite frankly is **** unbelievable. 

We have some weak links, for sure. But how many of this Wigan squad would you put in our first 11?

We should have the quality to not have Wigan taking the piss out of us. That last 20-25 minutes we hardly got the ball out of our half, it's absurd.

Absolutely pathetic display so far. 

As crap as we are at the back, our front three are pissing away any chance of buliding momentum by trying to be fancy instead of building a proper attacking team move. Just lack of intelligence all around. 

Incredibly disappointing that our team seems so mentally immature and unproffesional. 

Keep McGinn and Kalinic. Sell the rest of this pile of incompetence.

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Like I've said before, it's a serious concern how much of a nothing side we are without Grealish. 

And that is why when some people say we need to go up, I think the total opposite. Like we are where we are because of other players and there bull crap on the pitch,  it's like they don't want to go and win at times.

Add player bull crap on top of mismanagement for about two decades, you have a recipe for even teams in the next division down showing us what football is again.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

"it's Bruce's squad" is wearing pretty thin now.

I'm sorry. I missed the bit when we replaced all the players. Oh right, wait, we didn't so guess what? This actually IS Bruce's squad! Blimey!

• Like 3