Match Thread: Wigan v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, Skills said:

so we're not meant to have any injuries at all?     i get having a slight drop off but we  have looked unbeatable compared to recent performances    

You take two of the best players out of most teams they will struggle. When the team has so many deficiencies then the good players tend to carry the team, without them the problems become very exposed. We shouldn’t be in this position, but we are and it’s goimg to take time and patience to fix it, which seems to be in short supply in here. 

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

Too many players who are scared to have the ball.

Elphick, Hourihane are the biggest culprits. 

Would rather put a team mate under pressure rather than stand their man up and play a forward pass.

Elphick, really?? He hasnt done much wrong today. Chester has ben bad om the ball

1 minute ago, VillaAlex said:

I'd bring Keinan Davis on at half time just for something different, he looked really up for it the other day, and Bolasie has been appalling today.

I think Bolassie has been alright - it's the midfield we're losing. I'd consider bringing on Whelan and Hause for Taylor and Bree and going three at the back. We've got nothing in the middle of the park - Hourihane and Bjarnason aren't doing anything like enough.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jim said:

It’s down to the manager to get the players to perform. We have seen that they are good enough and now he is failing. We have looked turd for weeks and that is on the manager IMO.

So the reason Accrington is in league 2 is because of their manager? Or that San Marino never win is purely down to the manager? 
We looked turd before Smith arrived, we looked turd before Bruce arrived, before RDM, Garde etc. 

Just beccause they put in a few good performances does not mean they are good players, consistancy is an attribute that players should possess, managers cant make a player consistant. 

We need an entire overhaul of this squad.

Edited by Chicken Field
  • Like 1