Neil Cutler

KH**

Only issue is he's been with DS at Walsall and now here (indeed we got him in from WBA where he worked with Foster) so if DS gets a new job soon wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to leave especially as he'd have been frustrated with the sacking.

Hope not though as I'd have far more confidence in him being caretaker for one game than the other two left who still have plenty to prove.

1 minute ago, commander said:

FFS terrible move
i though our entire model was that when we got a new manager we wouldn't have to replace everyone......... Amatuers!

Bit like buying only younger players who we could "add value" too.

Big change of policy last summer.

9 minutes ago, commander said:

FFS terrible move
i though our entire model was that when we got a new manager we wouldn't have to replace everyone......... Amatuers!

Yep, that's been ripped up.

Hopefully Gerrard stays for many many years...

48 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Sometimes it’s healthy to hear a different voice and someone with different ideas in the workplace. This is unfortunate for Cutler and us but I’m sure we won’t be replacing him with some joey off the street.

Bruce Grobbelaar

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Probably will move on with smith elsewhere unlike the other 2 who I doubt smith would want with him 

Yeah in long run that will probably happen. He was at Walsall with DS and walked out on West Brom to join him here aswell.

Whoever's coming in from Rangers as goalkeeping coach better be good because he'll be replacing one of the best in the league.

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

No doubt if he leaves it will be a loss. Very well respected, liked. However, a different coach isn't always a bad thing. Freshens things up and players potentially learn new ideas. Might not be all bad.

Yes but if he is shitter than Cutler Martinez might walk. We already had a good goalkeeper in Gollini leave because of the goalkeeper coach

Surely maybe have a chat with Emi and the rest of the coaching staff?

Absolutely no need. Emi solidified himself as one of the best goalkeepers in Europe under him last season.

We looked 10 times better when he was the set piece guy.

That's football though. If Gerrard is breaking in his own goalkeeping coach off the bat then it is bizarre. General rule is let the goalkeeper dept look after themselves. If its working its working. 

If it's not working its a problem and you step in.

Â