Neil Cutler

KH**

50 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i think it's neil cutler we need to be more concerned about. danks will be involved i expect, but emery has brought his own GK coach with him everywhere he's been

Whilst Cutler has seemingly done a good job. We’d be stupid not to get Emery who he wants and trusts and has used at various clubs. As harsh as that may be on Cutler 

I've been a fan of Cutler for many years, he's a great guy to have around and a solid coach. However, I've felt that Emi's concentration levels have dropped as he's developed this more arrogant "in your face" style of goal keeping. A new keeper coach may well benefit him in getting back to the basics that he is brilliant at.

Change can be refreshing if done for the right reasons.

2 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I've been a fan of Cutler for many years, he's a great guy to have around and a solid coach. However, I've felt that Emi's concentration levels have dropped as he's developed this more arrogant "in your face" style of goal keeping. A new keeper coach may well benefit him in getting back to the basics that he is brilliant at.

Change can be refreshing if done for the right reasons.

Emi works regularly with a psychiatrist , he tends to get to high after victories and  tournament wins (Copa America) and to low after bad game like not sleeping and dwelling on results and lack of clean sheets. Cutler is an excellent coach as you say but if Emery wants his keepers to play a certain way then it would probably be beneficial for the team if he brought his own coach  in. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Whilst Cutler has seemingly done a good job. We’d be stupid not to get Emery who he wants and trusts and has used at various clubs. As harsh as that may be on Cutler 

oh agree 100%. if it was a deal breaker that emery had to bring his own guy then i doubt the club would've thought twice about it. cutler will be fine, worst case, and will continue to coach at the top level

You lot are brutal! 😂

Genuine question, if a football club employee is doing there job well can they just be fired just like that because a new manager wants their mate. Aren’t football clubs still covered by employment law (which I’m clearly not an expert on).

12 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Not sure a keeper coach is something we need to change at this stage. It would  have an impact on Emi who gets on very well with Cuts. It would be a silly decision to disrupt that in my view. 

Emi has also worked with Emery goalkeeping coach before

19 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

You lot are brutal! 😂

Genuine question, if a football club employee is doing there job well can they just be fired just like that because a new manager wants their mate. Aren’t football clubs still covered by employment law (which I’m clearly not an expert on).

they have contracts, which may have a form of release clause in (ie: X pay for Y time left or time present, or just X flat fee or whatever), or maybe pay the remainder of the contract up or whatever.

I would guess as long as the money is available, anyone could be "removed" from any club, its not like your average job that is full time/permanent, afaik they are all contracted staff (managers/coaches etc etc).

Edited by MaVilla
  • Thanks 1

Cutler as with Danks & McPhee are Aston Villa employees independent from the manager. Cutler may work less with Martinez but He will still integral to our GK department operations regardless is my take on it…

Edited by thabucks

6 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Neil Cutler is leaving/being let go then. That sucks.

As long as the new one is better I couldn't care less.

If he isn't then that would suck.

Â