Neil Cutler

KH**

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Think this guy needs a mention. Obviously we don't know what goes on day to day in training. But this guy seems highly thought of among the staff and players and he looks to have had a real positive effect on Jed Steer.

Finally look to have a good manager (head coach) and backroom staff, positive stuff. 

Steers looked bloody good - I don't think it's a coincidence. Cutler must be doing very well there. 

• Like 1

Noticed in one of the warm ups at Rotheram away., rather than going through the usual motions of warming the keeper up he was still coaching Steer.

He megged Steer on a 1 on 1, then spent the next ten minutes teaching him to bend his knee inwards when "spreading" himself to block a shot. He even pulled over Sarkic (I think) and did the same with him. 

It shows, that he is always looking to improve a keeper, rather than just "going through the motions", even when warming up for a vital match

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 4

• 8 months later...

Anyone have a login to The Athletic?

My free trial ran out a week or so ago and I’m quite interested in this article:

Next Big Thing: Neil Cutler, Villa’s vocal presence with a big reputation for changing how goalkeepers train

I can’t remember any keeper of ours actually improving before the last couple of years. Now we have Steer and Nyland who both seem to have benefitted massively from working with Cutler so he has to be doing something right.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Anyone have a login to The Athletic?

My free trial ran out a week or so ago and I’m quite interested in this article:

Next Big Thing: Neil Cutler, Villa’s vocal presence with a big reputation for changing how goalkeepers train

I can’t remember any keeper of ours actually improving before the last couple of years. Now we have Steer and Nyland who both seem to have benefitted massively from working with Cutler so he has to be doing something right.

He's known for improving keepers at a rapid rate. Even Neil Etheridge (Cardiff) when Neil Etheridge was picked up by our Dean Smith on free transfer from Charlton whilst Dean was at Walsall! Neil is now a £10mil rated keeper. Neil has credited Cutler before for improving him.

Also Liam Roberts the young keeper at Walsall improved so much and credited Neil for improving him when he was a youth prospect at the club and now their first choice.

Neil is a phenomenal goalkeeping coach!! 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

He's known for improving keepers at a rapid rate. Even Neil Etheridge (Cardiff) when Neil Etheridge was picked up by our Dean Smith on free transfer from Charlton whilst Dean was at Walsall! Neil is now a £10mil rated keeper. Neil has credited Cutler before for improving him.

Also Liam Roberts the young keeper at Walsall improved so much and credited Neil for improving him when he was a youth prospect at the club and now their first choice.

Neil is a phenomenal goalkeeping coach!! 

We increasingly seem to be run by people who know what they are doing. It will take time to get the full benefits on and off the pitch, but for the first time in....probably my lifetime (I’m almost 57), we seem to be heading in the right direct. 

We’re in the road to being a well run modern football club. 

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Seems like a great guy and a great coach and brilliant to have around the whole squad.

Shows what wonders a good coach, a good teacher, a good motivator can do instead of having a bunch of old ****s going through the motions

You forgot "looks like a dark-haired Dolph Lundgren". Always useful if it all kicks off between the benches.

1 minute ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

You forgot "looks like a dark-haired Dolph Lundgren". Always useful if it all kicks off between the benches.

I think the term is "absolute unit"

Sitting lower trinity with the guy on the technical area was a nightmare, but again it was nice to see a coach actually looking like he has a passion for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
Â