Match Thread: Norwich v Villa

limpid

12 hours ago, av1 said:

I wouldn't be suprised if he swapped Grealish for Hogan and went with a traditional 442. 

I would, no chance whelan could cope in a two man midfield. He's barely got the legs to play in a three. 

Just now, villa89 said:

I would, no chance whelan could cope in a two man midfield. He's barely got the legs to play in a three. 

This system is effectively 2 in the middle anyway as Grealish plays high up the pitch. 

Hendrie raising a good point there about how many men we pushing firward. unlike under Bruce

we still look like defensively we have mistakes in us. We certainly have to strengthen there massively in January. I’d send moreria back so we can get another loan in

• Like 1

Good collective work rate and we are at least trying to pass it, but the pitch is pretty ropey.

Don't feel confident with that back line, but they are holding out fairly well considering. 

Norwich seem tame, which I guess we should take some credit for. Keep it up chaps.

Nice to be dangerous from corners again. Overall 6.5 out of 10. Good enough.

1 minute ago, sne said:

While there still obviously are a lot of things to work on there are some encouraging signs.

We do look poor on the flanks thou and that is effecting the whole team.

Agreed. Adomah should be subbed as he is offering nothing atm. Elmo has been ok. 

7 minutes ago, Fowlersrs said:

Good half, there's Deffo a few who won't cut the grade when it comes to the Smith school of pass and move.. 

Taylor looks a little vulnerable to me, so tough before Jan with literally no options...

I was thinking the same thing. Can’t wait to see the players Smith brings in in Jan and the summer. 

Norwich are pressing the Hell out of our defenders because our team clearly isn't comfortable passing the ball out of the back yet, and they're looking to capitalize.  There was one throw in near our corner flag where I counted 8 Norwich players within 20 yards of Taylor trying to take the throw.  Hopefully, Smith noticed that too and will reiterate to the team  to not be afraid to go long if they over commit the press.

Very nervy half for me.  We could have been 2-0 up or 3-0 down, depending on how some of the chances fell.  Nyland looks like a different man all together under Smith so far.  

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hendrie raising a good point there about how many men we pushing firward. unlike under Bruce

we still look like defensively we have mistakes in us. We certainly have to strengthen there massively in January. I’d send moreria back so we can get another loan in

He all but said we didn't do it under Bruce didn't he ?