Richard O’Kelly

alreadyexists

38 minutes ago, Tayls said:

With ROK having left today (I hope everything is ok!), it’s a further blow to our preparations for the season ahead. I’m really concerned now by the gaps being left by the likes of JT, Grealish and ROK. These were all very well respected members of our setup.

I’ve mentioned it before in the Grealish thread that I’m struggling to understand what our identity is now, and even more so by today’s news. 

We’ve had some new faces that have come in, but too many of the old faces going out. Important characters that made us who we were just recently as last season. It’s not often that members of the coaching staff leave before a new season kicks off unless it’s a complete manager change!! 

Very concerning in my view. 

Concerning because of an underlying problem ? Or concerning because of 3 unrelated departures ? 

41 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Sometimes at that stage of people’s life, things can happen unexpectedly. personally I hope it’s not that but it could be something along those lines let’s not jump to conclusions. Wish him the best. We’re more than covered in the coaching department I really wouldn’t worry about it. 

jumping to conclusions is hard to resist, unless we know the reason why the sudden departure.....for a popular guy.

For someone who has a great relationship with Dean, you would think a perfectly feasible reason is not too much to ask.

14 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I know that you're just a cartoon but that is rather cynical. I think we've learnt enough about Deano and R'OK that they are genuine good guys and neither would allow that.

Now go and have some ice cream and chill.

:cheers:

Top 30 Jesus Family Guy GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Lets look at this objectively. In all areas of the coaching set up elite coaches have been hired. Maybe the board have decided that we need someone elite in place. Maybe he is now out of his league in terms of coaching ability . Could be one of many many things. 

Was listening to Ben Foster earlier on a podcast and he said that Cutler is technically the best coach he has ever worked under and no wonder Martinez is now world class . Maybe we are looking for brilliant coaches across the board and it is the perfect time for Rich to retire ?  The reshuffle that Smith alluded to now that Terry has left. 

44 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

He still could have announced it at the end of the season, it’s a weird thing to do. 

He announced to everyone inside the club that needed to know, what’s weird about that ? There was no need to announce it to the world his contract had finished end of story. He might have had enough, or might have had a more exciting offer, who knows?

Edited by smg
More thought
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Did CJ Golson tell you that?

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

What. Where this from JV?

One of the lads on Facebook posted it. He usually just shares news reports to be fair.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

One of the lads on Facebook posted it. He usually just shares news reports to be fair.

Interesting... Someone a couple pages back mentioned him having something to do with the U23s. Although I think they said he was going to work with them. Nothing about demotion.

21 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Concerning because of an underlying problem ? Or concerning because of 3 unrelated departures ? 

I am concerned that three important cogs in our engine have now left. What the reasoning is, is just pure speculation at this stage. It’s worrying nonetheless. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" The reason ROK left was because he was demoted to coaching the u23s so decided to take retirement "

Apparently.

Personally I don’t see this as being demoted. Surely being put in charge of developing the next group of first team players is an important role within the club. Yes I know it’s not the first team but he wasn’t head coach just part of the staff, perhaps his influence within the club could have been more important?

43 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I am concerned that three important cogs in our engine have now left. What the reasoning is, is just pure speculation at this stage. It’s worrying nonetheless. 

any discerning fan could be  sceptical....to pass it off as nothing out of the ordinary is credulous IMO.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Pre season is over. How can it be a devastating blow to pre season preparations? Hyperbole, achieved.

Fair enough. I meant it’s a huge blow to the start of our season and the fact that the season hasn’t started yet is why I used the term “pre”. 

Either way, it’s a huge dent to our plans for the start of the season having lost both JT and R’OK so close to the first game(s).

Old school. Club moving on. No need for conflicting coaching opinions at the top. No need for 4 Senior coaches.

Contract ending, offered a different role, didn't fancy it, happy to take retirement. Nothing to see here. 

All the best RO'K

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, smg said:

Personally I don’t see this as being demoted. Surely being put in charge of developing the next group of first team players is an important role within the club. Yes I know it’s not the first team but he wasn’t head coach just part of the staff, perhaps his influence within the club could have been more important?

It would be a massive demotion.

• Like 2

Â