January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Are we sure JuanFran isnt agent for us? As agents Job is to talk to family. Scouts just recommended players to say Suso and Smith unless JuanFran has been asked which is unusual for scout to approach family. Only do that at youth team level unless the players  agent is his brother ?

pretty sure i read somewhere that he was now employed as a scout for us, as for the rest, dont know.

Aston Villa have pulled out of the race to sign Chelsea defender Gary Cahill as a potential deal is considered too expensive.

Villa have held talks with Chelsea over a possible January move for the former England international but are now considering other targets amid concerns over the financial cost.

Chelsea are willing to let Cahill leave next month and would prefer to sell the 33-year-old, who is understood to be on around £110,000 a week, or accept a loan arrangement with the club paying all of those wages in full.

Villa have identified the signing of a new centre-half as a priority when the transfer window opens and Cahill, a former Villa player, was high on Dean Smith's list. Cahill made 31 appearances for the club until he was sold to Bolton in 2008. 

But Villa are now abandoning their pursuit after discovering that even a six-month deal could cost up to £4 million, including wages and a loan fee. 

Cahill is also keen to stay in the Premier League and would favour a loan move so he can then explore his options as a free agent in the summer. Villa are one of those options if Smith succeeds in guiding the Midlands club out of the Championship this season.

Villa may revive their interest in Cahill towards the end of the January window if he has not signed for another club, but that prospect is still considered unlikely.

Smith, chief executive Christian Purslow and sporting director Jesus Garcia Pitarch have held a series of meetings over January targets, with two full-backs also seen as possible options.

Villa have already signed Croatia goalkeeper Lovre Kalinic from Gent for a fee of around £5m. He will be eligible to play in the FA Cup game against Swansea on January 5.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/12/28/aston-villa-pull-potential-move-chelsea-defender-gary-cahill/

• Like 1

to be fair, i agree if the 110k is true, we could pay 3 - 4 players wages for that (3 - 4 new signings), for the value of one.

Yeah it would be nice to have him, but......prudence and all that.

• Like 4

Could be a good signing, I know we play attacking football, but a player like him would be vital in helping to break up counter attacks.

I think he could be worth giving the chance too, sign him.

One question though, can he play in other positions if needed too??

Edited by Dave-R

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

to be fair, i agree if the 110k is true, we could pay 3 - 4 players wages for that (3 - 4 new signings), for the value of one.

Yeah it would be nice to have him, but......prudence and all that.

Obviously FFP isn't a thing at all if he is being considered, we must have a good grip over FFP.

Villa expected to make offer for Sawyers

By Lyall Thomas 28/12/2018

PA-29036799beesgoal.jpg

Aston Villa look likely to make Brentford an offer for Romaine Sawyers when the transfer window opens next month.

Dean Smith, who left Brentford in October to become Villa boss, wants midfielder Sawyers, 27, to join him at the Midlands club.

Sawyers previously played at Walsall under Smith, who took him to Brentford in 2016.

West Bromwich Albion have also shown an interest in Sawyers, who has 18 months remaining on his contract at Griffin Park.

He has made 108 Championship appearances for the Bees since his arrival from Walsall.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/brentford/offer-expected-from-aston-villa-for-bees-star

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Of course we had to be monitoring him, it was a no brainer with a person of his quality. - but only on loan due to age and wage.

Now we discover even if we did want him on loan he is not worth £110k wages. No way!

It's a shame really as he would have fitted in here on loan until June but a permanent move was never an option and even now it looks unlikely the loan will materialise either due to the crazy wages.

We move on and look elsewhere...

6 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

Interesting because we do lack a creative player in the middle of the park especially to replace or challenge Grealish.

I am taking any link with players in this league with a pinch of salt though. 

No way we have brought in this new recruitment team to sign Championship players..

• Like 1

Agreed, whilst tried and trusted is ok.

I hope we don't essentially become a more expensive Brentford, would be pointless.

I'd hope we would be trying to get better versions of the players Smith has already worked with.

Then again he is no mug and will know all of this, so more than likely any player he signs from his past, either have the potential to be even better in a better team, or provide top quality competition!

• Like 4

tried ot find some clips of Radoja, pretty much all i could find was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3J-WFrYwv8&t=13s

will have another look, from that vid tho, looks like he has two good feet, and isnt a weakling, who knows though?!!?, one match highlight reel from 2 years ago isnt great for assessing a player.....

Edited by MaVilla

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I'd rather not sign Sawyers

really?, i agree we shouldnt if the fee is stupid, but if its good value due to him only having 18 months on his contract i dont see why not?, he's a very good player.

Maybe even Rico Henry depending on whether his injury history is a risk and value.

Brentford have 2 or 3 really good players. (Sawyers, Henry, Maupay, Mepham?), and i think a couple more are also very good, whether they would flourish here i dont know, but there is no denying they do have a few excellent players at Brentford.

Granted if we can find our own hidden treasures then im all for that, but we will likely also need to sign some proven players, as well as take a punt on a few rough diamonds with potential?.

Edited by MaVilla

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Sawyers is superb.

Just wondering if these players are being shown to smith before being signed or the sporting team taking control and having final say on players?

in a post match (or was it pre match?), interview a couple of weeks ago, DS said that he, Purslow and Jesus have a whats app group where the discuss possible players etc.

So from that i "assume" that in this group they a) decide what they need, then b) they get proposals from whoever, c) discuss viability, decide to progress a bid etc, and d) DS has the final say?

obviously im assuming a lot there :), but DS defo said they had a whats app group where they discuss possible signings a lot.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

It’s so hard mate trust me I keep striving as love Game and few lads on here I speak to a lot such via pm as @AvfcRigo82, @villan-scott, @Hornso, @sir_gary_cahill, @Danny_Villaman84, @KevinRichardsonsMoustache Know how hard I try and made some top friends with those guys I’ve had guy that runs PFSA (ex blackburn, Bolton and 25 years at man utd) and guy who’s found sancho at watford and recommended him to Man Utd at 14 to turn him down and one joe Lolley then at lancashire uni Before went kidderminster and he helped joe say I am one best scout to emerge from his course and thinks I’ll be at real or Barca in five plus years as rates me lot. Lot of stuff I do with clubs he asks me for advice 

i take his Comments like pinch of salt but will strive get where I want too. Suso has ignored three of my emails when offered no money to work for villa and suggested the Scottish players I did other day.

Alas way it’s going I’ll work for someone as currently been helping agent close to West Ham with suggestions pity not club I love and for nothing for years.

its who you know in football not what yoU know as scout they tend go down ex player route rather than qualifications 

im doing my level 2 with FA next month in Northwuch and hope Work up to Level 4 which I will be director of football (qualified similar to Suso) Level 3 is head of recruitment hopefully for lower league clug

watch this space all self funded lol no one helps with courses but I’m very motivated 

@AvfcRigo82 knows a lot about what I’m doing as told  him :) all I can say let’s see where I am in five years I’m on a mission.

UTV

All the best with your courses mate!  Shame the club you love don't want to offer you an open door, especially if you're offering to scout for free.  Really don't get that?  However, your posts are very informative and it's good to hear a scouts opinion of players we as a club get linked with.  UTV 

• Like 3