January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

On 23/12/2018 at 13:36, TRO said:

shame you haven't got Dean Smiths number.

Havent read all the last few pages - so this may have been mentioned,  but there is a delicious irony in the interest in Bowen. 

Who signed him for Hull - for £ 50K ???

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

Havent read all the last few pages - so this may have been mentioned,  but there is a delicious irony in the interest in Bowen. 

Who signed him for Hull - for £ 50K ???

as you might glean from my posts.....would love him in the squad.

On 27/12/2018 at 11:04, AvfcRigo82 said:

That would have been something had we got him as he was a hell of a player.

Who knows what could have happened had he also arrived..

I remember the Bony links but from what I remember that transfer falling through meant we then got in Benteke as a plan B option given he signed in last hours of that transfer window.

Having both would've been incredible but given our lack of big spending in those days I reckon it was one or the other and Benteke didn't do too badly in the end.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Honestly never seen this player myself :D hope he's good

I've seen Celta play a fair bit last few seasons as they've generally been an entertaining team to watch and have a pretty cosmopolitian squad which I always like. They have likes of Pione Sisto and Emre Mor playing for them who I imagine many on here will have heard of.

Anyway would be lying if I said Radoja was a stand out but the facts are he's played over 100 games for them in last 4 seasons so a 25-30 game a season player in La Liga is more than good enough for us in our present state I'd suggest.

He also started both games when they played Man. United in europa league semi final in May 2017.

I'd say a 25 year old with over 100 games in one of the big four leagues is exactly the profile of players we should be signing from now on, would be more than happy with signing this guy if we were back in the premier league.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nigel said:

Do we actually need a Defensive midfielder?  Where does Connor (along with his goals) fit?

Whelan and Jedinak both out of contract in the summer (wouldn't shock me if Jedinak left this window as he clearly dosen't fit the Smith style). That's two 34 year olds off the books with their 70k aswell so major scope in that area to refresh.

I do think we need a DM who can read the game a bit better. Hourihane is shown up by midfielders with pace and movement (Stoke , Leeds and Forest just recently and Fulham in the final last year) so squad player going forward.

5 hours ago, MaVilla said:

tried ot find some clips of Radoja, pretty much all i could find was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3J-WFrYwv8&t=13s

will have another look, from that vid tho, looks like he has two good feet, and isnt a weakling, who knows though?!!?, one match highlight reel from 2 years ago isnt great for assessing a player.....

Just find either leg they played v Man. United. That's the sort of opposition where a DM is going to shine and well Celta really should've beaten them and got through to the final if Gudetti wasn't so useless....

So we have obviously seen the possible moves for Radoja and Sawyers, does anyone have any actual opinions on whether there is any truth in these or if they are just click bait?

Would love to know what irons are actually in the proverbial fire ......

Edited by MaVilla

39 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

So we have obviously seen the possible moves for Radoja and Sawyers, does anyone have any actual opinions on whether there is any truth in these or if they are just click bait?

Would love to know what irons are actually in the proverbial fire ......

Just seen tweets from sources such as "villareport" which indicate it's ba done deal.

FB_IMG_1546043411846.jpg

FB_IMG_1546042997636.jpg

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just seen tweets from sources such as "villareport" which indicate it's ba done deal.

FB_IMG_1546043411846.jpg

FB_IMG_1546042997636.jpg

Are villareport a reliable source normally?

Edited by MaVilla

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Are villareport a reliable source normally?

100% Yes.  Basically the only legit ITK left around.  Breaks all our transfer targets first, before anyone else, and is very reliable.  I think it's either someone at the club's medical office or close to someone who is.

• Haha 1