January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He sounds like a baby. Putting a transfer request in because he misses home. It’s not like he living on the other side of the world. 

Sounds like Robbie Savage, hope his geograhical knowledge is a bit better though!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sne said:

Shame he's not from Birmingham then.

His daughter lives in South Wales, with Birmingham being a helluva lot closer and more connected than Newcastle.

23 minutes ago, sne said:

He's something like 5-6th choice in a poor Newcastle side.

Only playing now cause they have lots of injuries.

Sure he'd be a solid Championship player, but he wont elevate us above that IMO.

I think he would be a great addition if we can acquire him. He possesses qualities that is missing from the current midfield, adding to the balance of the squad. He’s of a good age with potential to do more. Not a ‘marquee’ signing but a piece to a wider jigsaw.

This type of signing is opposite to the previous transfers. I think the issue in the past has been we’ve been looking at players to ‘elevate’ us alone, signing individuals without a joined up strategy, and a wider consideration to the future. It has to be about what qualities are the squad missing, what individuals will bring those qualities and also offer value. For once the strategy feels right, only with the fullness of time we’ll know.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Big difference being up near Scotland as opposed to Birmingham which is closer to the South 

Perhaps.

Just vary of a David Unsworth situation where he after a while decides that Birmingham isn't quite close enough to London and starts pleading for another move.

Edit. Not London, South Wales apparently.

Edited by sne

7 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

His daughter lives in South Wales, with Birmingham being a helluva lot closer and more connected than Newcastle.

I think he would be a great addition if we can acquire him. He possesses qualities that is missing from the current midfield, adding to the balance of the squad. He’s of a good age with potential to do more. Not a ‘marquee’ signing but a piece to a wider jigsaw.

This type of signing is opposite to the previous transfers. I think the issue in the past has been we’ve been looking at players to ‘elevate’ us alone, signing individuals without a joined up strategy, and a wider consideration to the future. It has to be about what qualities are the squad missing, what individuals will bring those qualities and also offer value. For once the strategy feels right, only with the fullness of time we’ll know.

I think you’re right, it’s about building a squad that compliment each other and can produce the type of team and football style we’re looking for. 

We've tried buying names and all you get at this level is has beens on the way down. We’ll be buying players that other clubs are prepared to let go. This means they’re players with faults, that our coaches believe can to some extent be coached out of them, and/or despite these faults their overall play will improve us at this level. Either that or they’re probably younger players that we can use our status and relative financial clout to poach. 

We’ve played plenty of teams with players that we’ve largely never heard of, but on the day they’ve been better than us. That’s because they’re a team in every sense of the word. They know each other’s strengths and weaknesses and they’re prepared to fight to make up the difference in ability. That’s what I believe we need and hopefully are trying to put together. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Do you have children? I can only sympathise with him as being a single parent myself, and having to consider the geography of my employment very carefully. Not seeing your children grow is soul destroying.

I’m not privy to all the information but just from the article I read on 442; to my knowledge and from the outside looking in he has acted nothing but professionally. When called upon has always been available and has not missed training sessions or kicked up a fuss. Sometimes we forget that footballers are humans and have commitments outside of work. He’s just requested a transfer to be closer to his daughter. I don’t see how that’s being a ‘baby’, it just simple logistics and taking responsibility of being a parent. Maybe, It’s more synical but from the limited information at my disposal he’s doing right by him and his family and not disrespecting Newcastle in any way. 

Fair enough. Sounds like he has gone about it all the right way. 

Still sounds like a baby though. 

• Haha 3

According to the Birmingham mail we have made a signing today.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/confirmed-aston-villa-complete-signing-15744414

Jaden Philogene-Bidace a 17 year old winger has been signed from the pro:direct academy in London.

although a quick Google search says there is absolutely nothing anywhere about him so thats all I know.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

According to the Birmingham mail we have made a signing today.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/confirmed-aston-villa-complete-signing-15744414

Jaden Philogene-Bidace a 17 year old winger has been signed from the pro:direct academy in London.

although a quick Google search says there is absolutely nothing anywhere about him so thats all I know.

Kick ass name at least.

• Like 1