January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Signing a striker who isn't exactly mobile and will be 30 before the start of next season would be a shockingly bad way to prepare IMO. We need to be signing young players who's career trajectory is on the way up rather then down. It's about time we learned that lesson after the last few years.

Didn't say I'd do it that way, or indeed do I think we will. 

1 minute ago, smg said:

I read somewhere that the Stoke manager is not allowed to sign Luton players in this window contract clause when he signed

Been dealt with a few pages back. There's a non-poaching agreement but if another club agrees a fee, Stoke are allowed to match it.

23 minutes ago, LoughboroughLion said:

Eddie Howe: "We'll wait and see on what happens with Tyrone (Mings). He's been unlucky since he signed for the club, so there's a possibility he could be an outgoing."

From twitter 

And that Tweet would tell me 'Loan' only.

If we sign this guy for a fee on a contract then it will be absolute stupidity on our behalf imo.

(That's if we are even in for him)

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LoughboroughLion said:

Eddie Howe: "We'll wait and see on what happens with Tyrone (Mings). He's been unlucky since he signed for the club, so there's a possibility he could be an outgoing."

From twitter 

He's been unlucky since he signed for the club  - converted to, 'Hes been a crock and we cant wait to get him off our wage bill to some silly club willing to take him.

Really thought Villa had got over this risk taking.

• Like 3

Not the type of targets I was hoping we'd be after (J.J aside) when we got new owners, and then a new manager.

Seem more like a continuation of the failed strategy we've had for the last couple of years.

Hope we can spring something unexpected rather than Mings, Fuchs, Austin, that Newcastle fringe guy...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Not the type of targets I was hoping we'd be after (J.J aside) when we got new owners, and then a new manager.

Seem more like a continuation of the failed strategy we've had for the last couple of years.

Hope we can spring something unexpected rather than Mings, Fuchs, Austin, that Newcastle fringe guy...

Don't know hayden mate he is a very good player. 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Don't know hayden mate he is a very good player. 

He's something like 5-6th choice in a poor Newcastle side.

Only playing now cause they have lots of injuries.

Sure he'd be a solid Championship player, but he wont elevate us above that IMO.

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

We should probably wait until we see who we actually get, rather than coming to a premature opinion based on newspaper/twitter rumours.

I'm only commenting on the links.

when and if we sign anyone we will know.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

He's something like 5-6th choice in a poor Newcastle side.

Only playing now cause they have lots of injuries.

Sure he'd be a solid Championship player, but he wont elevate us above that IMO.

I think he is better than a host of their midfield players that's just bad management from rafa. He is homesick also so you can't really play your best when you are missing home

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I think he is better than a host of their midfield players that's just bad management from rafa. He is homesick also so you can't really play your best when you are missing home

Shame he's not from Birmingham then.