January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

surely it would be a loan with a view to buy if all goes well, not that much of a risk?

Bournemouth are looking a large loan fee on top of his wages.  if its him or nothing then take him at this stage, still ive seen this happen past 10 years at Villa.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Seems strange Mings and Gibson are not the young players you can develop that Smith was talking about... 

They're both about to enter their primes. Mings' injury history is a concern but Gibson would be a terrific buy, can't see how anyone could complain about it. It's not like he's 32!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sky sports confirmed we have approached Burnley to take Gibson on loan with a clause to buy in summer. Nkt sure how good he is? 

Was in England squad not too long ago but didnt get a cap 

1 hour ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Do you have children? I can only sympathise with him as being a single parent myself, and having to consider the geography of my employment very carefully. Not seeing your children grow is soul destroying.

I’m not privy to all the information but just from the article I read on 442; to my knowledge and from the outside looking in he has acted nothing but professionally. When called upon has always been available and has not missed training sessions or kicked up a fuss. Sometimes we forget that footballers are humans and have commitments outside of work. He’s just requested a transfer to be closer to his daughter. I don’t see how that’s being a ‘baby’, it just simple logistics and taking responsibility of being a parent. Maybe, It’s more synical but from the limited information at my disposal he’s doing right by him and his family and not disrespecting Newcastle in any way. 

Understood.

However, one would assume he knew where Newcastle was before he agreed to join?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

They're both about to enter their primes. Mings' injury history is a concern but Gibson would be a terrific buy, can't see how anyone could complain about it. It's not like he's 32!

I'd be happy with any cn than can give Chester a well earned rest to get his knee right that's on par with him at his best. 

• Like 1