January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

8 minutes ago, sne said:

I know we might not be the most attractive club for foreign players, but the prices and wages in the Championship are so inflated we really must try and sign players from other leagues.

What we need to do is stop signing players up on stupid wages. Hogan coming from Brentford would have been begging to sign for us. And we chuck £40k a week at him! Now we're stuck with him. He was probably on about £10-15k at Brentford. No way he'd have turned down £25k, at Villa! It's a huge step up for most players coming here, so if we get them from Champ/L1/L2/abroad even, stop paying silly wages for unproven players.

• Like 3

I keep seeing names like Reach, Maupay and Lolley banded about, but these are all players that have already been, “plucked from obscurity” as they say. I’d like to think that we have scouts looking for players that we can pluck. Lots of other clubs seem to do it and I’d hope that our new set up is working towards plucking rather than being plucked. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I keep seeing names like Reach, Maupay and Lolley banded about, but these are all players that have already been, “plucked from obscurity” as they say. I’d like to think that we have scouts looking for players that we can pluck. Lots of other clubs seem to do it and I’d hope that our new set up is working towards plucking rather than being plucked. 

I agree but it’s very hard for the club the size of Villa to ‘pluck’ a player that can go straight in to the first team.  Even the youth players have to be of a very high standard to get a chance.

Can you imagine how the fans would react if we signed a player from Huddersfield that was previously loaned to Scunthorpe. Or a player that featured out on loan to lower league teams teams for the past 4 years. 

Wouldnt go down to well.

edit: a few more years in this league and I think we’ll see a very different approach to signings. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

Reason;  i alway edge like go find other clubs ie Lolley and Reach, Muapay etc over our youth even I alway want see our youth to play first team more as it is felt "PROUD" one of our product.

Problem is:-  I will keep it short and brief.

• Players generally; whose is over 20's alway want first team regular which we cant offered all players, that reason we alway release too early..
  • Players play u-23 will learned nothing mental vs man games after them step into first team good example: O'hare he is immense greater talent problem he step in and he start well and become fade reason felt hit of mental barrier as man games is big different in physical level compare U18 and U23
  • Buy other club player is mental ready-made and proven in level, which we need shortcut to back premiership and potential can play in premiership if right type and skills, right mental for higher level which u18 and u23 offering NOTHING at the instant and they will mental destory and confience destory, manager quick discard him which i don't like see players like this.. not good to see player into black holes and hard to find back once they were better player as before, become flopped.
  • Buy lower leagues will cheaper yet it is affordable to lose him in low fee rather big... problem it is good for long term if we get their youth player and short term if player is older and ready-made is might risk for Championship and premiership like Vardy for example is pure lucky find him and play this level. 

This reason: I would like see "Reversed Team" back rather U23 and Change U18 to U20 Indeed as they will learn better 16 years old vs 20 years old better than 16 years old vs 18 years old which not developed much, once we spot they got good potential, keep and move them into reversed team and sent them loan when they are 20's to 23's years old once know they not good enough so sell or release them will solve problem.

if player with huge talent like O'hare or Grealish (or now ramsey and Hayes-Doyle, two Clarkes, Raven ) when in his youth.. we should sent them loan with team (club) with same football playing style | Tactical as villa in low level club when they reach 18 years old so we can evalution them is them ready for our first team before they reach 20's th

this would help us to stop buy outside our club and play our product indeed.

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Strange that Rico Henry has been mentioned today as we have 'apparently' had a bid accepted and he is having a medical tonight.

I have no firm ITK on Twitter anymore so it may be Twitter nonsense...

Think he started following Villa and Villa players so must be true

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Absolutely Dave.

Having scouts like Juanfran, I would be hoping our sights are aimed toward unearthing the next Neves etc.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

If anybody cares, he's a bluenose.

Wikipedia says he is a Villa supporter under the 'Personal Life' section.

Obviously that could have just been edited by someone today though.