Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Just now, hippo said:

So we have change the manager - and now we have to change all the players - I thought this top notch coach and master tactician would be able to deliver more with what he has . If he can't keep this squad top half thats a concern for me. 

You seem to be ignoring the extenuating circumstances of the aging squad, players who are clearly not fit enough for the system being employed. It's the same situation as when Allardyce leaves a club. The squad is usually on its last legs and need rejuvenating. This is where we are at the moment.

• Like 3

He’s had 6-7 days in reality and this is where they prove themselves or finish themselves for him. 

Several have to be replaced in January, absolutely awful and not suited to where we’re going as a club now. 

Fittness needs to be improved and we need to be more clinical and cleaner in our general play. 

I can see a direction though which is why I wanted Bruce gone. I’ll be patient and back Smith to deliver it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

I know. Sense of entitlement.  1982. Zzz zzz. Only now we are doing things the right way. It doesn't happen it in a week. Norwich fans wanted rid of farke a while ago.

I just asking our new coach who is highly rated on here - to get us half way in the championship  - surely that should be a given if we are doing the the right way ? 

Just now, hippo said:

I just asking our new coach who is highly rated on here - to get us half way in the championship  - surely that should be a given if we are doing the the right way ? 

"Top coach"

"Master tactician"

After 3 games.  It's **** boring.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Really its fair point ? - I am only asking for top half in the championship - if he is the ace coach and tactician is that beyond him with the current squad ? 

I think he is out of his depth. Not sure he is ready for this shit show of overpaid and over inflated ego's who constantly under perform. I feel sorry for him 

1 minute ago, sparrow1988 said:

You seem to be ignoring the extenuating circumstances of the aging squad, players who are clearly not fit enough for the system being employed. It's the same situation as when Allardyce leaves a club. The squad is usually on its last legs and need rejuvenating. This is where we are at the moment.

So he cant get anymore out this squad of players ?  is that what your saying ? 

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

He's in the job over a week. Christ on a bike.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KHV said:

I think he is out of his depth. Not sure he is ready for this shit show of overpaid and over inflated ego's who constantly under perform. I feel sorry for him 

Out of his depth based on what exactly?

Just now, hippo said:

So he cant get anymore out this squad of players ?  is that what your saying ? 

I think that he can but it won't happen in 2 weeks or whatever length of time he's in the job. The players haven't had a tactical instruction in two years apart from some of the ones who joined since then. So to go from that to receiving instructions on what to do in different situations, when to press, when not to etc. will take time to get used to and I also don't think that he's going to transform the player's fitness in this time to play the high pressing game that he wants within the two weeks he's been here while also having to prepare for three games.

Â