Dean Smith

Demitri_C

13 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Rome wasn't built in a day though! Gobsmacked you can't see in the 3 games what he is trying to do! We haven't got personnel for it YET! Every week you are moaning about something fella. 

haha........are you joking, i was defending Steve Bruce  vigourously and cutting him slack when he was our manager....Moaning about what exactly?, have you got me confused with someone else?

I wasn't talking about Rome or when its about to be built.....i was commenting on tonights game, not the expectation of it.

be gobsmacked all you like...

....No sorry, in the 3 games i cannot see what he is trying to do.....but that is not a criticism, because he hadn't been here long enough.....its a fact.

We are in need of Personnel imo....but there again, many don't.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, jim said:

I keep reading we haven’t got the personnel good enough for Smiths brand of football.

Do people honestly believe Brentford have a better squad than us? Because they managed to understand his philosophy.

I honestly believe that we are a centre half and lb away from having a squad that should walk this league. We just need the manager to get the best out of them. We keep making very simple errors and this should be sorted out on the training pitch. Providing the coaching staff are up to it. The previous incumbents clearly weren’t .

Thats similar to where I am - although a top notch goalie is required at 1 minute past 12 on Dec 31 !  - commanding CB, and LB we should be cooking on gas.

What I don't accept is that whilst we are waiting for those players we don't win games.

2 minutes ago, jim said:

I keep reading we haven’t got the personnel good enough for Smiths brand of football.

Do people honestly believe Brentford have a better squad than us? Because they managed to understand his philosophy.

Way too simplistic.

Squads are (often) built to suit a certain way of playing.  Was Cardiff's squad "better" than ours last season?  Not for me.  Could our squad have played the way Cardiff did?  Nope.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It is looking better. 

Its not where it needs to be and our players make poor mistakes. But we certainly are attempting to play better football with a consistent style.

I don't see it, sorry.

I think the flank work is particularly woeful.

I am talking about 90 odd minutes by the way.

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

haha........are you joking, i was defending Steve Bruce  vigourously and cutting him slack when he was our manager....Moaning about what exactly?, have you got me confused with someone else?

I wasn't talking about Rome or when its about to be built.....i was commenting on tonights game, not the expectation of it.

be gobsmacked all you like...

....No sorry, in the 3 games i cannot see what he is trying to do.....but that is not a criticism, because he hadn't been here long enough.....its a fact.

We are in need of Personnel imo....but there again many don't.

Steve Bruce was shit from word go and wrong choice by the last board so who the **** cares if you was vigourously  and cutting Bruce slack when he was our manager on here.??

Smith is going to be our Head Coach for a least 2 years so need to get used to it fella. Maybe it might not work but he will bloody well make a good go of it!

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Think you should worry more about Lee Johnson ;) didn't you want him out last season or was it the season before :D 

I never did, almost said enough was enough the season before last, then we beat Huddersfield 4-0 and got a draw at Norwich who were both doing well.

Some of our fans very quick to turn on him though, same as any club.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

So then you couldn't see that we attempted to play the ball out from the back at every given opportunity tonight. That was no fluke. Clearly worked on. C'mon.

How can it possibly have worked if we lost ?

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

Steve Bruce was shit from word go and wrong choice by the last board so who the **** cares if you was vigourously  and cutting Bruce slack when he was our manager on here.??

Smith is going to be our Head Coach for a least 2 years so need to get used to it fella. Maybe it might not work but he will bloody well make a good go of it!

I doubt he will be here two years if it doesn't work.

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

How can it possibly have worked if we lost ?

What the hell? Dude we attacked from the back it clearly worked because we atacked from the back! what win or  lose  have to do with this?????

Like im reading 4th post from u and its just weird are u troling or smth?

Edited by Tumblerseven

14 minutes ago, jim said:

I honestly believe that we are a centre half and lb away from having a squad that should walk this league. We just need the manager to get the best out of them. We keep making very simple errors and this should be sorted out on the training pitch. Providing the coaching staff are up to it. The previous incumbents clearly weren’t .

Brentford have a better defence than us thats a fact.

Brentford have players that fit that system because they have the qualities to suit that style i.e first touch and awareness ect.

We have talented players but from my perspective i feel that maybe 4-5 players fit his system.

We need more that a CB and a LB.  

We are very imbalanced on the width and our wide players are suited to hugging the touchline and playing crosses.

We do not have wingers that cut inside, link with midfielders with short passing and create open space for players.

I do agree that some of our errors can be sorted on the training ground but we have played a quick succession of games with a two day break in between all three.

I am anticipating further improvement at the Bolton game because there will be more time spent with the players on BMH.

Edited by Reivax_Villa
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, jim said:

Brentford have a team of players that are comfortable on the ball in tight areas. Doesn’t mean they are better players or a better team but it does mean they can play the style Smith wants without it looking cringe worthy. 

We need changes. 

10 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Errrrrrr.

i was answering your comment on moaning every week, did you mean disagreeing ?there is a difference.

Dean Smith is our manager and he will be with us as long as the board want him.....but we was talking about tonights game......don't digress to suit your seemingly hidden agenda.

blimey, your last line seems like you are giving up already.....he's just arrived man.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Brentford have a better defence than us thats a fact.

Brentford have players that fit that system because they have the qualities to suit that style i.e first touch and awareness ect.

We have talented players but from my perspective i feel that maybe 4-5 players fit his system.

We need more that a CB and a LB.  

We are very imbalanced on the width and our wide players are suited to hugging the touchline and playing crosses.

We do not have wingers that cut inside, link with midfielders with short passing and create open space for players.

I do agree that some of our errors can be sorted on the training ground but we have played a quick succession of games with a two day break in between all three.

I am anticipating further improvement at the Bolton game because there will be more time spent with the players on BMH.

I just read this after I wrote my above post. 

Its spot on. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

We all knew it would take a while....patience is key...A win against Bolton at home will help and come December, I think we will be firing on more cylinders.....we've played 2 form teams away from home and lost by 1 goal and maybe should/could have got more out of these games after hitting the post in both

I am not worried and think it will come good in the end....the green shoots are there!

• Like 1

Â