Dean Smith

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

I do - I am just not convinced by the DS appointment - He can of course ram those words down my throat by winning a few games - then we will all be happy. But I don't believe this squad should be in the bottom half of the championship, where most clubs don't have a pot to piss in and play in front of 9k every week. I am not appeased by fancy words such as 'winning mentality' 'better energy levels' etc.

Let me clear it is very, very, early days were 3 games in - We had a narrow win over swansea and two away defeats, I repeat its early days - But I haven't seen the improvement some are crowing about on here. 

I too have not seen the improvement some have alluded to......I also disagree  on the players.......some of our players are totally overrated.

The scale of the task at hand completely changing style of play as we're doing is going to take some time to get right, I'd be pleasantly amazed if if we manage to put a good run in before the new year. 

I only hope we can pick up enough points in this transitional period to keep us in touching distance of a playoff spot. 

I'm more convinced than ever we're going in the right direction after tonight despite the loss. 

• Like 1

Ok after feeling deflated I just had a look at the table after 15 games last season.  We were on 26. Only 8 more points than now.

But check this. Fulham has 19 points and were sitting 16th in the table. 

We deserved something out of the last two games. We are getting better performance wise but the results are still poor.

I feel a bit better. 

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

Take your point.

but the football is not looking better.....its not looking better at all.

Dean Smith undoubtedly needs time.....but lets not talk things up for the sake of it....it was woeful.....we could not get free of their contact......and its been like that for ages.

It is looking better. 

Its not where it needs to be and our players make poor mistakes. But we certainly are attempting to play better football with a consistent style.

• Like 2

Smith's had hardly any time with this team.  Improve a little on how we played tonight an we will have no problems.  Very entertaining, just need to be more clinical with the end product an give Chester an Taylor a kick up the arse. Grealish, McGinn, Tammy, Bolasie when he came on all class, my god even kodja was quality. QPR struggled there knackers off tonight keeping us out, defensively they were great, unlucky to lose with tes i know, another defensive error, but I'm all for Smith.......looking good!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

It is looking better. 

Its not where it needs to be and our players make poor mistakes. But we certainly are attempting to play better football with a consistent style.

Yep! why TRO & Hippo can't see that i will never know. Show's their lack of knowledge when it comes to anything football related and what Smith is trying to do! It's as clear as day crystal clear and as said earlier Rome wasn't built in a day!!

• Like 1

I would be very disappointed if we are not as patient with him as we were with Bruce.

This appointment made me very skeptical..

But now I have brought into the idea of a young British manager from Great Barr who supports Villa and prides himself with a good attacking philosophy.

I admire teams like bournemouth that do not change their identity and have been built from the core by their manager.

Edited by Reivax_Villa

If im not mistaken Dean said in the  interview hes making changes slowly because players need to adapt to it.U cant change everything from minute one its nonsence it cant and wont work  u just asking problems that way! Our players played different style in two years and now just needs time and fans need patience!

I keep reading we haven’t got the personnel good enough for Smiths brand of football.

Do people honestly believe Brentford have a better squad than us? Because they managed to understand his philosophy.

I honestly believe that we are a centre half and lb away from having a squad that should walk this league. We just need the manager to get the best out of them. We keep making very simple errors and this should be sorted out on the training pitch. Providing the coaching staff are up to it. The previous incumbents clearly weren’t .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Yep! why TRO & Hippo can't see that i will never know. Show's their lack of knowledge when it comes to anything football related and what Smith is trying to do! It's as clear as day crystal clear and as said earlier Rome wasn't built in a day!!

Football is a simple game mate.

Â