Dean Smith

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Well at least it’s now clear that this isn’t the ‘best squad in the Championship’ that any ‘decent manager’ could have ‘walking the league’. 

I agree with you only up to a point.

I would also argue that of the manager had them from the beginning of the season things would be different.

When we got to playoffs it was certainly true.

Quality of the league has increased.

So those players who were the top players in the league are now simply average at best.

10 hours ago, hippo said:

OK - Open question - when can we expect improvement  (any) in terms of points yield ? - A month, January 

Give your head wobble you are getting boring now. Never got a good word to say or post any constructive.

Do you have a clue about what you’re talk about ?

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KHV said:

I think he is out of his depth. Not sure he is ready for this shit show of overpaid and over inflated ego's who constantly under perform. I feel sorry for him 

Well, i do think there is a correalation with Stoke and Sunderland.

Names don't win games....

Too many reputations, not living up to them.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Maybe it's just me but I can see  some positive changes already. Unfortunately, two years of Bruceball can't be reversed in just a few weeks, and there are clearly some glaring issues with the squad. He needs to be given time.

Agreed - another night we would have come away with a point at very least.

9 minutes ago, KHV said:

I think he is out of his depth. Not sure he is ready for this shit show of overpaid and over inflated ego's who constantly under perform. I feel sorry for him 

It’s why he needs a window or two. Anybody that thought he could turn it around with this squad is naive in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

OK - Open question - when can we expect improvement  (any) in terms of points yield ? - A month, January 

Depends how you define improvement. Would u of wanted to of scraped by Fulham in may and got the shit beating out of us in the prem or bring in a proper head coach, get us playing good football and set us up to compete going forward. I'm sick of this short sighted crap at villa.

• Like 2

If Hippo was a Man Utd fan circ 1987/1988 he would have hounded Sir Alex Ferguson out on message boards  if they was around then and possibly using his bedsheets with ''Fergie out" written on with no real basis on why he wanted him out!!

And look how that turned out. Need give manager's time not 3 games FFS! Already football is looking better and going to take time as too many players on big wages who don't care or care with what is trying to do.

Give Smith a chance going to take least 2 transfer windows and some excellent young talent arriving to get us way he wants us play

He will be our version of Eddie Howe even Eddie didn't get it right to start with!

Edited by Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ok as long as show progress and finish mid table. I want smith to be given a chance to bring his own players in. 

But we can't have it both ways.....we were saying the players are not good enough.

now we are saying he needs to bring his own players in.

I favour we need new players and I would start with a pair of Centre Backs.

Leistner and Lynch showed us what that can do for you.....as did Bamba and Morrison last season.

We need to fix this in January as a matter of priority.

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

That guy (Hippo) is a WUM mate and i don't think he is a Villa fan.

He never has anything constructive to say. Just bashes the Villa all the time

I do - I am just not convinced by the DS appointment - He can of course ram those words down my throat by winning a few games - then we will all be happy. But I don't believe this squad should be in the bottom half of the championship, where most clubs don't have a pot to piss in and play in front of 9k every week. I am not appeased by fancy words such as 'winning mentality' 'better energy levels' etc.

Let me clear it is very, very, early days were 3 games in - We had a narrow win over swansea and two away defeats, I repeat its early days - But I haven't seen the improvement some are crowing about on here. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

But we can't have it both ways.....we were saying the players are not good enough.

now we are saying he needs to bring his own players in.

I favour we need new players and I would start with a pair of Centre Backs.

Leistner and Lynch showed us what that can do for you.....as did Bamba and Morrison last season.

We need to fix this in January as a matter of priority.

Yeh show progress after he has had a transfer window. 

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

If Hippo was a Man Utd fan circ 1987/1988 he would have hounded Sir Alex Ferguson out on message boards if they was around then with no real basis on why he wanted him out!!

And look how that turned out. Need give manager's time not 3 games FFS! Already football is looking better and going to take time as too many players on big wages who don't care or care with what is trying to do.

Give Smith a chance going to take least 2 transfer windows and some excellent young talent arriving to get us way he wants us play

He will be our version of Eddie Howe even Eddie didn't get it right to start with!

Take your point.

but the football is not looking better.....its not looking better at all.

Dean Smith undoubtedly needs time.....but lets not talk things up for the sake of it....it was woeful.....we could not get free of their contact......and its been like that for ages.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

To expect major improvement after 3 games is laughable.

Seriously a question to those that are even questioning DS ability after 3 games

Do you know anything about football?

Thank you. Like i said....I've felt much much worse after villa defeats. We bossed the ball. Needs work. Obviously. But it's encouraging that we can see things being done at BMH translating to match day. Playing out from the back tonight. So obvious we worked on that. We only went long when there was nobody to show for it.

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

If Hippo was a Man Utd fan circ 1987/1988 he would have hounded Sir Alex Ferguson out on message boards  if they was around then and possibly using his bedsheets with ''Fergie out" written on with no real basis on why he wanted him out!!

I am giving him a chance - I am only asking mid table !!!!!

Â