Dean Smith

Demitri_C

We can blame VAR

we can blame Mistakes

We can blame Recruiting 

We can blame Injuiries 

but tbh the most common theme of our failures this season has been piss poor aggression, dubious selections and substitutes, pathetic set pieces both defensively and attacking. All of which are at DS doorstep how much longer must we persist with this dross because he’s one of our own? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

honestly, the problem for me isnt the results, i can live with losing, i could even possibly live with us getting relegated again and having to get back up, if i thought Deano could help us progress and get us back up i would defo stick with him, but there are numerous things now that make me question whether thats true or not.

What i cant live with is what a s*it show we are currently.

1) Deano promised a Villa "identity" of playing, now....im not sure what that is meant to be anymore, we look like a load of amateur pub players who get together once a week for a kick around, if we had an identity and could see development, that would be something (look at Norwich, yeah they are bottom an entire 5-6 points behind us, but at least they have an identity and you can see what they are trying to do), but we dont, we are a shambles and there is nothing there to hang on to, no improvement.

2) Not being flexible with formations, its clear 4-3-3 wasnt working for us, literally clear to everyone, our wingers arent good enough, but he persisted until the team pretty much revolted before he changed to the 343, and even now, i dont think its the 3421 that did us so well against Burnley, he stilll seems to want wingers, leaving the striker isolated.

3) Strange selection decisions, playing Drinkwater when he's clearly not fit, he should be getting sub appearances to get up to speed, we dont have the luxury to give him a start every match to get back up to speed after effectively 2 years out.

4) Not playing Luiz over Drinkwater, Luiz needs to develop yes, but he was good versus Brighton, and has just scored off the bench versus Watford........

5) Picking Taylor over Targett, is Targett perfect?, no he isnt, but he's 100 times better than Taylor, literally no excuse, ever.

6) Picking Elmo over Guilbert, see point 5.

7) Engels, what the merry hell is going on here?, our second best defender?, if he's injured fine, but if there is any truth in some fall out between him and DS, sort it the hell out, we need our best players actually playing.

8 ) Substitutions, enough said.

9) No striker, really?, no striker at the club for 4 games? (4 very important games), granted we had 3 strikers start the season, but we all knew we needed another striker in Jan, we should have had a new striker all but signed ready for the first week in Jan, we are at the 21st Jan and still no striker able to play (Samatta yes, but not yet, good luck Samatta, please help save us brother).

10) Identity, so important its 1 & 10, where has it gone?, our players look like they cant string 3 passes together, defending is shocking, what on earth does the coaching team do all week?, eat nachos?!?!

I hope DS turns it around, i really do, im just not convinced currently that he can,  i hope Samatta is the addition we need, and i hope we sign at least one more AM/IF, we need one desperately.

We are still only 3 points from 15th place, but.......we literally cant make any excuses now, if we lose to Bournemouth i think we are in big trouble, and the club seriously needs to consider whether DS is actually the man to bring us back up if we go down.

I hope you are that man Deano, i hope you keep us up, im just not convinced that you even know what you are doing at the moment.

PS - wrote this when 1-1 with Watford, nice win, blimey, comments still stand overall though.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Unfortunately the little fairytale we were creating appears to be over. It’s just not going our way. 

Onwards and upwards. 

Up the Villa. 

A fine piece of reverse psychology here. 

Ahem.

You’re welcome. 

Â