Dean Smith

Demitri_C

56 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I haven't written him off but you can't kepe. Defending him for a poor run of form. Three wins in fourteen is not good enough. 

Who’s defending him? Not posting constantly that he is not doing a good enough job is not defending him..

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Who’s defending him? Not posting constantly that he is not doing a good enough job is not defending him..

Your confusing yourself your sitting here going on at me for critising smith th3n you say your not defending him??

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Your confusing yourself your sitting here going on at me for critising smith th3n you say your not defending him??

I’m just saying give the guy a chance!  If we are still crap after he has a pre season and his own players in I’ll be the first to say get rid.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I would put trust in Steer and sign a proper defensive midfielder.

Hause and Mings been good but they are loans not signings.

The Steer that was out on loan at the time you mean? Hause and Mings are loan signings but Smith has no control of the contractual side of things. He wanted them in his side and the club got them, hopefully we can sign them permanently,  if they stay fit, which is possibly a reason we lowered our risk with loan deals. If they get injured I’m sure that you’d be screaming at Smith for signing injury prone players. 

Like most games....many factors coming together have an impact on the performance.

Yesterday, was fantastic....However Derby are a team that have a tendency to letting the opposition play...not great at pressing. We had our talisman back and it raised the confidence level of the midfielders.....Hause and Mings are uncompromising characters, that have good control of the ball for big men and its been what we needed.

The Blues game, will be interesting....I suspect they will get after us and it will be interesting how we deal with that.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

The Blues game, will be interesting....I suspect they will get after us and it will be interesting how we deal with that.

If Grealish play anywhere near the level he showed against Derby i don't think they have a chance beating us. I don't think they have a chance.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

If Grealish play anywhere near the level he showed against Derby i don't think they have a chance beating us. I don't think they have a chance.

You wouldn't be building our chances up to knock him down if we only get a point when a win is just nailed on if we start with Jack would you?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Yeah with no context 3 in 14 is atrocious. With knowing that when he came in what a lot of people were saying,, that a couple of injuries to the defence and we were screwed and add our best player getting injured too, and that a whole bunch of players know they won0t be here past June then maybe it sheds a different light on that? Especially since when he has the key elements of this totally unbalanced squad at his disposal we play the best football we've played for 20 odd years.

Smith out though ay, out of his depth, job's too big, should have bought a new team in Jan, should come in to work on a claret and blue unicorn that shits claret and blue rainbows...

Exactly. It’s a complete joke to throw a stat like 3 in 14 not being good enough when you’re a fan and know the bigger picture and the problems we’ve had.

id expect neutrals to point at that stat to beat us with but when it’s our our fans it’s hard to stomach. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Yesterday was fantastic. Some comments I've seen in here about Smith not being up to the job or that he should go in the summer is absolutely ridiculous and yesterday proved it again, superb performance and in full control for 90 minutes.

I look forward to seeing Smith build his own squad in the summer.

It will continue no matter how well we do. Some fans just love to hate. 

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Like most games....many factors coming together have an impact on the performance.

Yesterday, was fantastic....However Derby are a team that have a tendency to letting the opposition play...not great at pressing. We had our talisman back and it raised the confidence level of the midfielders.....Hause and Mings are uncompromising characters, that have good control of the ball for big men and its been what we needed.

The binners will be a tough game, we'll have McGinn back though which will help give us some more fight in the middle. Injuries permitting, if we stick to our principles from our best performances under Smith and play one and two touch where we can, then if we do it well enough they will be doing a lot of running and chasing shadows. Buckle under their press and we won't be able to control the game and it'll be a free for all. Big test but massive reward for getting 3 points though as we'd be reeling in the top 6 a bit more, leapfrogging the noses into the top 10...

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Some fans just love to hate. 

No.

Dean Smith's tenure so far been a disaster. Slightly above 30 % win rate. 2 wins in the last 15 games before the Derby game.

I don't love to hate i'm just reflecting on facts and facts are results not been anywhere near good enough.

Edited by villalad21

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Exactly. It’s a complete joke to throw a stat like 3 in 14 not being good enough when you’re a fan and know the bigger picture and the problems we’ve had.

id expect neutrals to point at that stat to beat us with but when it’s our our fans it’s hard to stomach. 

Complete joke fir losing three nil at Wigan drawing with lame reading, losing and performing shit against Brentford and Sheffield United but yeah throwing a stat ok. 

This post is such nonsense you can’t even  critise smith on here when he makes mistakes or gets the best out of what he has. 

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

No.

Dean Smith's tenure so far been a disaster. Slightly above 30 % win rate. 2 wins in the last 15 games before the Derby game.

I don't love to hate i'm just reflecting on facts and facts are results not been anywhere near good enough.

There you go again. If he had taken over at the start of the season had a whole pre season and bought his own players in. Then yes it would be a disaster and he would be sacked. What are you not understanding about this?

35 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Yeah with no context 3 in 14 is atrocious. With knowing that when he came in what a lot of people were saying,, that a couple of injuries to the defence and we were screwed and add our best player getting injured too, and that a whole bunch of players know they won0t be here past June then maybe it sheds a different light on that? Especially since when he has the key elements of this totally unbalanced squad at his disposal we play the best football we've played for 20 odd years.

Smith out though ay, out of his depth, job's too big, should have bought a new team in Jan, should come in to work on a claret and blue unicorn that shits claret and blue rainbows...

Like I have stressed a few times it’s not all his fault but you know your remit when you came here. He didn’t come two weeks ago he came here a while ago. Injuries is part of the game most teams get them. It’s getting the best out f what you have and I don’t think smith has managed that yet.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Your response is so childish, if your not willing to debate like a adult then just ignore my posts. Thanks

Sorry there was no need for that. 

But you do talk about Smith has if he is controlling the players with a joy pad.

• Thanks 1

Â