Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

The fact that Jack is a worldbeater in this league does not change my stance on Smith at all.

Smith has to find a way to win football games without Jack, and reality is he cannot.

Maybe, just maybe, he hasn’t had a summer transfer window to address those problems? 🤔

• Like 2

1 minute ago, maltesemike said:

Maybe, just maybe, he hasn’t had a summer transfer window to address those problems? 🤔

He had a chance to start that in January.

Unfortunately he decided to waste millions on a bang average goalkeeper when we desperately needed strengthening elsewhere.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

We were something like 19th in the form table over the last 20 games. I think that's justification to question the managers ability.

Let's see where we are at the end of the season.

Wtf? That is bollocks. Just checked, over the last twenty games we were ranked 9th in the form guide.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

He had a chance to start that in January.

Unfortunately he decided to waste millions on a bang average goalkeeper when we desperately needed strengthening elsewhere.

Like where? The defence? Oh you mean where he got Mings and Hause - two players who are earning rave reviews right now, and recalled Elphick after the previous buffoon in charge sent him on loan?

Edited by Jay.P.A
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

Like where? The defence? Oh you mean where he got Mings and Hause - two players who are earning rave reviews right now, and recalled Elphick after the previous buffoon in charge sent him on loan?

We deperately need replacement for Whelan and Jedinak as well as better wingers. We also need a cover for Jack.

All of these areas should of had a much higher priority than the gk situation, as i'v said before Steer is more than capable at this level and it's millions wasted already. Nyland and Kalinic both looks bang average.

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We deperately need replacement for Whelan and Jedinak as well as better wingers. We also need a cover for Jack.

All of these areas should of had a much higher priority than the gk situation, as i'v said before Steer is more than capable at this level and it's millions wasted already. Nyland and Kalinic both looks bang average.

Whelan probably the most consistently good player last 5-6. Doesn't Smith have less say over player transfers than previous managers now we have DOF and not to mention restricted by FFP?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We signed 5 players in January and recalled 2. You wanted us to sign 5 more 

No club fully rebuilds in January 

January is always great time to fleece desperate clubs with cash who make panic signings

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

No - the defence was a priority. Whelan is still capable in the deeper midfield role and we also have Thor who could play there, Lansbury too, albeit he injured himself. 

Not sure why you're glossing over the fact that January is not a month you can do 'great' business in. The fact we signed Croatia's no 1 goalie who played extremely well for the World Cup Finalists, recalled Elphick, signed Premier League defender in Tyrone Mings and Hause on loan shows Smith and his team above did extremely decent business in the transfer market.

New wingers? We had El Ghazi, Adomah, Bolasie and Kodjia as wingers. Sent Bolasie back and recalled Green. Again good decision for us.

Cover for Jack? as much as you can try, you'll never be able to get a replacement for what Jack brings to this team.

All these area's you speak of will all be changed in a few months when you get a proper opportunity to sign/let go of players. Not in January.

1. I - and I appear to be the only one - expect JG to be our skipper NEXT season. 

2. I think Tom Carroll may be turn out to be a good signing - if he joins us.Seems to have lost his way a little.

3. The average age Saturday was 27 - albeit most of the younger players are on loan.  

4. Abraham & TM will need to be replaced - unless we get very lucky with Mings  

5. Expect JK to get his move back to France.

Edited by SirSteveUK

7 hours ago, Jay.P.A said:

Wtf? That is bollocks. Just checked, over the last twenty games we were ranked 9th in the form guide.

Serves me right for believing Radio WM then.

Just checked and before yesterday the previous 20 games form has us 13th so not sure where they got the stat from

Edited by mykeyb
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, villalad21 said:

So tedious. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mykeyb said:

We were something like 19th in the form table over the last 20 games. I think that's justification to question the managers ability.

Let's see where we are at the end of the season.

How about we see where we are the end of next season? A manager completely changing the way a team plays along with the personnel needs longer than half a season before being completely written off. 

I haven’t got a problem with questioning him. It’s when he is completely written off and it’s repeated post after post is when it bugs me and makes me want to respond.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

One result doesn't change anything for the last twelve games. 

It only changes if Smith consistently wins games. If wec go and lose at the sty next week then this week's result means very little. So I wouldn't "gloat" yet 

I try to judge us on how we play rather than the results. The last 2 games before yesterday I thought we played well so the results would eventually come. He had sured up the defence which was our biggest problem.

If all you care about is results than I bet you want Steve Bruce back. 

• Thanks 1

Â