Dean Smith

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Purely shape/formation I'm talking about. I can only remember Swansea it being spoken about. Maybe I've missed the others? Would love to see us try a 343/3421.

I'm thinking 3-5-2 or 4-4-2.

Kodjia is not a winger, he's a centre forward, and a good one.

We have 2 of the best strikers in the league and we need to find a way to get them both playing up front together imo.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We have 2 of the best strikers in the league and we need to find a way to get them both playing up front together imo.

Completely agree. That calls for a strong central midfield and hard working wide men and unfortunately we dont have that.

I'd still give it a go if plan A isn't working mind.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

This is the cycle with any manager. It’s why we have needed an ethos at the club for a long time. We have jumped from one playing style under one manager to a completely different style under the next manager. Hopefully the new owners will Ben looking at changing that so that we pick a style and stick with similar managers

Its ok having an Ethos, you have to get the players who can play it.

If you take Ron Saunders as an Example....He was more interested in work ethic than style, in the main played 4-3-3, but everyone had a task offered different attributes than the next man and it blended in to a functional unit, that resembled a team....but in the main he had players who could do what he asked of them.

Graham Taylor had his Direct style using a big central Centre forward as his main thrust....but assembled a team that could all do different things, not much in the way of  samey players.

Not many managers have been happy with what they have inherited over the years and most felt they had to get their own.....I don't see that ever changing.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

I think he is more of a Inside Forward.....He is not busy enough or challenge enough to be a Centre Forward....He is a player that likes to play off one and let that player take all the physical knocks. He likes space an avoids pressing or close contact.

The midfield is not rounded enough to play 2 up front, unless as you say 3-5-2.....The wingers are not effective enough either, both offensively or defensively.

We have one or two players not playing well consistently and our best midfielder who holds the ball, out.

We have gaps that the opposition have little effort in exploiting.

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think he is more of a Inside Forward.....

I don't know about that.

Kodjia is a great finisher. I see him as a poacher striker, a fox in the box but he also have all the attributes to play as an advanced striker.

Just now, dounavilla said:

Considering this season is gone for us now anyway, I think he gets the rest of the season to at the very least start to get us playing like a cohesive unit. If not then the bullet may be fired.

If we win tonight, we're 1 point off the playoffs.  Hardly gone tbh.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

If we win tonight, we're 1 point off the playoffs.  Hardly gone tbh.

Win tonight ? If only. 

Let's see how many points off the playoffs we will be on Monday.

Also the playoffs are a lottery anyway.

4 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

That's a truly moronic statement

But factually correct.

The manager is shit.

• Haha 1

In his first season, Farke went on a run of two wins in twelve and another run of three wins in sixteen.  Literally the final third of the season, three wins.

However that’s Norwich and we’re us. Looking like two wins in eleven. We carry on like that, long term plan or not, I’d be surprised to see Smith here for the summer. 

You know it’s unacceptable Dean and you know what happens if it continues.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

Â