Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Continues in this vein and he doesn't. Villa can't go into a 4th championship season hoping it comes right. Car crash stuff tonight.

Sack him and its just hoping it comes good. 

We need to build something. 

Thing that I hated about Bruce was that we didn't have a style or identity to our play. In the first month or two, I saw us press high up the pitch, play from the back and look to dominate possession. I don't see any identity or style to our play anymore. I can forgive us not winning every game and having off days, but the fact that we have reverted to type in the way that we play is what really frustrates me.

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Gets next season for me. 

Bruce **** us over a treat

Bruce left us with a terrible back five and cover but, that all went out of the window in Smith's first 6 or 7 games because we looked a different team and class. Grealish apart, what's the difference? He's improved the defence and goalkeeper and yet we are worse and not playing anything like what we played when he first came in. 

I predicted this result and it's not hard to do, which really f**king hurts. 

Smith doesn't need to be sacked but he bloody well needs to do something different to this because it is way too unacceptable! 

Edited by villarocker

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I'd love to hear people try and defend this. With our squad, with the money spent, getting outplayed and thrashed, at home, barely creating a chance. Abject and embarrassing.

How much of that money has been spent on Dean Smith players?

Sacking a manager after less than six months in the job is laughable.

People should be venting their frustrations at the players who look like they can't be arsed and our poor performance in the January window.

Edited by AshVilla

Poor transfer window and we still have Taylor and Hutton as full backs who are both shocking - smith had a good honeymoon period  but the wheels have totally come off with 2 wins in 13 games and I can see us getting done in a few games coming up too - there are questions to be asked about how the team have gone backwards albeit losing 2 key players but that should not see such a total transformation that we have seen - smith needs to finish the season strongly or serious questions will be asked in the summer . 

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

I'd love to hear people try and defend this. With our squad, with the money spent, getting outplayed and thrashed, at home, barely creating a chance. Abject and embarrassing.

Regardless of what's been spent. He has inherited a mess. Needs a chance to build his team

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Sack him and its just hoping it comes good. 

We need to build something. 

I’m open to the idea of writing the season off and letting him build something. I’m not particularly happy that we’ve written this season off when there was still a chance, but there you go.

But at what point do you say actually, nothing is being built? End of next season?

My fear was that no matter who we replaced Bruce with, the fans wouldn't support him until the summer, no matter how difficult the struggle this season would be.  We need better players all over the pitch and it's going to take several windows to work them out.  Blame Smith, Blame Bruce, Blame Lerner/Xia, I don't care.  We need to start building for the long term now and stop with quick fixes.  

Just now, Shropshire Lad said:

I’m open to the idea of writing the season off and letting him build something. I’m not particularly happy that we’ve written this season off when there was still a chance, but there you go.

But at what point do you say actually, nothing is being built? End of next season?

Three seasons minimum and i wouldn't include this one.

Smith not doing great right now, but the majority of these players aren’t good enough. We need a massive overhaul in the summer. Smith is a good manager as he has proven in the past. We must hold our nerve.

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Regardless of what's been spent. He has inherited a mess. Needs a chance to build his team

Still a good enough squad to at least challenge top 6. We've been rubbish past 10 games under him but tonight was something else, he doesn't deserve a chance to build a team if he keeps this up. 

Edit: dreadful for 80 minutes lol

Edited by holteend1982

Â