Dean Smith

Demitri_C

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

People are forgetting teams above us have 2 games in hand. We're miles behind.

Draws are useless in this league

Perhaps, but i's still rather have the 2 points they have given us instead of 0.

So whilst frustrating, they are obviously not "useless".

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He’s barely been in charge. 

I absoutely detest the short term nature of modern football. “Win now or you’re shit!”  

I wonder if the Sheffield United and Norwich fans had the knives out for Farke and Wilder when they finished mid table last season.

Even if they did i bet they are not complaining now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I absoutely detest the short term nature of modern football. “Win now or you’re shit!”  

Get used to it, mate. It isn’t going away.

We should sack him and bring someone else in. If they don’t win straight away, we should sack them too.

Heaven forbid we back a coach with a long term vision and allow him to bring in a few of his own players. That would be madness.

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I mean...  Fans are fickle, but I even remember people complaining about MON when we were in the hunt for a Champions League spot. 

I'm going to continue sticking by Smith for another season.  If we're still playing the same garbage football next February after 2 more windows of rebuilding, I'll 100% be in the "Smith Out" camp.  

100% this.

Just like I backed Bruce, I will give Smith time. If it doesn’t work out, get rid.

• Like 1

Besides one of the worst refereeing displays I've seen, I didn't think we we're that bad, we just weren't moving the ball quick enough to create chances. It was too slow similar to when the previous manager was in charge. When we had nothing to lose, we came forward a lot quicker, there was far more movement and the ball was moving quickly, 3 goals. Another 5 minutes we probably win. Some will say SU switched off, that's just simplistic. Smith can't continue to start Kodija, he doesn't have the speed and doesn't give us any width, he's far too direct. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I mean...  Fans are fickle, but I even remember people complaining about MON when we were in the hunt for a Champions League spot. 

I'm going to continue sticking by Smith for another season.  If we're still playing the same garbage football next February after 2 more windows of rebuilding, I'll 100% be in the "Smith Out" camp.  

I think were going to need more than two windows as the majority of the squad needs replacing and a complete rebuild is required but fair enough.

• Like 1

Just now, AshVilla said:

I think were going to need more than two windows as the majority of the squad needs replacing and a complete rebuild is required but fair enough.

Oh, no.  I 100% agree with that, but if we haven't made any sort of progress after a year, I'll be wanting to look for someone else to lead the team.  

17 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think 20 games is still enough for me to be allowed to gather some sort of opinion on how i think hes doing. I want him to have till the end of the season but if he continues this form I don't see why he should be given a full season in charge. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I'd argue 2 windows could be enough to get us a team worthy of being promoted, and another 2 could make us a team which survives in the PL.

• Like 1

This squad will be ripped to pieces in the summer and we'll have a high number of incomings. He deserves to get the chance at a full preseason with players that he and Suso will bring in once all the garbage has been removed from the past regime.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Avcol said:

This squad will be ripped to pieces in the summer and we'll have a high number of incomings. He deserves to get the chance at a full preseason with players that he and Suso will bring in once all the garbage has been removed from the past regime.

The players know this too...  A lot of them probably don't like Smith's style of play, which requires A LOT of running and pressing, and they know Smith doesn't have a lot of options at his disposal, so they'll play regardless of how they perform.

• Like 2

I wanted Kodjia in the side instead of Adomah, i raised an eyebrow when i saw Jed in there instead of Carroll but i figured he couldn't be worse than Thor or Whelan and against a bunch of cheats like Sheff Utd the added steel would be welcome. So i can't blame him for the fact Jed looked like he was made of wood and Kodjia kept doing weird things like hugging the touch line for no reason, never overlapping properly to look at crossing, instead running into cul de sacs and passing the ball back to Connor (to do tit all with).

Mings is a superb signing, but our whole team is horrendously unbalanced and off form, it is a tall order for Dean to sort out, but he is the manager and he has to.

We shouldn't be so incredibly reliant on Grealish, but i hope his return and a combination of Green and Carroll coming into play can save our faltering season.

4 minutes ago, Avcol said:

Yeah cant wait to see the back of grealish, mginn and tammy !

18 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

A 20 minute head start is being very, very generous. We did sod all for 75 minutes.

I only watched first half, had to go out. I think that's a fair summary of it (we didn't create much in the other 25 minutes, but held ball better and didn't have them coming onto us). 

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Yeah cant wait to see the back of grealish, mginn and tammy !

Regardless of who is in charge, without promotion Tammy was always going to be going and strong possibility of Jack leaving too. Those things aren't on Smith when he's taken over a horror show after the summer upheaval. If we don't go up it's all Smith's fault? Come on man.

Also Mcginn will stay at least another season, don't think he's quite there yet where someone will come in and make a substantial offer.

Â