Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Amazing that we got a point tonight.

Full credit for the fightback.

The worrying part though is we were utterly dreadful for 85 minutes tonight.

Chuffed with the point in the end, but there are serious issues.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Great shout.

Ha, that last 5 minutes was very exciting!

I'm chuffed to bits, but like I said above, let's not pretend that wasn't absolute toilet for 85 minutes (and the past couple of months).

But if we score 3 goals in 5 minutes every week I won't be complaining.

18 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I'd love to hear people try and defend this. With our squad, with the money spent, getting outplayed and thrashed, at home, barely creating a chance. Abject and embarrassing.

THRASHED.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mad game. We were awful. One of their goals shouldn't have stood, we should have had two penalties but we got the point. 

Unfortunately it doesn't and shouldn't take away from the performance. Which was dire. 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I'm chuffed to bits, but like I said above, let's not pretend that wasn't absolute toilet for 85 minutes (and the past couple of months).

Oh no doubt it was awful. That was a poor performance

• Like 1

I am delighted with that last ending. Full respect to the team for going on.

But for 70 minutes we were **** appalling, and had no style. That was a desperate throw it at em at the end and see what happens. They panicked. 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Massively miss Grealish and any most a of defence. Hourihane/Whelan/Jedinak is awful.

But we’ll always carry threat going forwards. 

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

So...  Now that we salvaged a point, had a stonewall penalty turned down, and have gotten screwed over by the ref for their 2nd goal, is everyone still Smith Out????  haha

We were absolutely shit for 80 minutes and have 3 wins from the past 13 games so pretty much yes.

Great to somehow end up with a point after being 3 down with 10 mins to go but that is all.

Edited by LakotaDakota

2 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

We were poor but we showed tremendous character at the end.

The fans that are saying Smith out..

Hang your heads in shame.

I don't want him out but I DO want him to be doing better.

A few results knocked the stuffing out of us - notably Albion, Leeds and Forest.  This gives him something to build from.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

We were absolutely shit for 80 minutes and have 3 wins from the past 13 games so pretty much yes

While we were shit for 80 minutes, you can't attribute poor refereeing decisions to the manager and the fact the squad he's inherited is simply not good enough and well past it's sell by date.

Before that joke of a second goal was given, we were well on top and it made us lose any momentum we had.

After getting the wind knocked out our sails we fought back well given we were playing against 12 men.

Edited by AshVilla

3 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

We were poor but we showed tremendous character at the end.

The fans that are saying Smith out..

Hang your heads in shame.

Why? 

We were 3 nil down at home, played utter crap for 82 minutes, we've won 3 in 13 matches. He's still doing a poor job. 

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

I don't want him out but I DO want him to be doing better.

A few results knocked the stuffing out of us - notably Albion, Leeds and Forest.  This gives him something to build from.

We all need to give the man the opportunity to do his job.

I was a skeptic to begin with, but I have seen enough of him to know that he is not a chancer.

Pre season is going to be interesting.

Â