Dean Smith

Demitri_C

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is what it seems alot of people don't realise and it irks me.

I've seen some "This is where we miss Bruce" comments on the likes of Facebook. lol

Because he was so brilliant at signing left backs 😂

12 hours ago, Farlz said:

Kalinic
Hutton - Elphick/Chester - Mings - Taylor
                        Carroll
              McGinn - Grealish 
El Ghazi - Tammy - Adomah/Green

So, are we better than at the start of January? 

No. Not really.

Am on phone so excuse typos/format please but yeah I wondered about 3 at the back too at least against some oppositin as it negates our weaknesses at fullback...when all fully fit I would like to see the following line up with Green as a right wing back..he has the energy and McGinn as a left wing back..we would miss him in the middle but he could be a huge asset both defensively and offensively to us down the left..bags of energy and can whip a good ball in too..

Kalinic

Tuanzebe Chester Mings

Jedinak or Carrol depending on opposition

Jack and Hourihane until we sign a better replacement for the latter..

Green right, McGinn left

Abraham and Kodj up top

Regardless though we may just see Mings deployed as a left back as he has played there before anyway..

I do trust DS though to find the right formation for getting as many of our best players onto the pitch at once..we cannot afford to keep having our weaknesses exposed..

14 minutes ago, Stevomanila said:

Am on phone so excuse typos/format please but yeah I wondered about 3 at the back too at least against some oppositin as it negates our weaknesses at fullback...when all fully fit I would like to see the following line up with Green as a right wing back..he has the energy and McGinn as a left wing back..we would miss him in the middle but he could be a huge asset both defensively and offensively to us down the left..bags of energy and can whip a good ball in too..

Kalinic

Tuanzebe Chester Mings

Jedinak or Carrol depending on opposition

Jack and Hourihane until we sign a better replacement for the latter..

Green right, McGinn left

Abraham and Kodj up top

Regardless though we may just see Mings deployed as a left back as he has played there before anyway..

I do trust DS though to find the right formation for getting as many of our best players onto the pitch at once..we cannot afford to keep having our weaknesses exposed..

I can't think of anything worse than having McGinn playing as a wingback. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is what it seems alot of people don't realise and it irks me.

I've seen some "This is where we miss Bruce" comments on the likes of Facebook. lol

Yes they don't understand that football has changed and the manager is no longer a one man band.

Was willing to put up with the up and down results when we were playing good football and looked a work in progress. This has completely ceased now and we are unrecognisable from Steve Bruce’s Aston Villa.

Starting to have hallmarks of Paul Lambert Mk 2. Exciting, progressive and attacking manager comes to Villa; All looks good for a while yet after conceding a load of goals starts losing bottle we getting more and more negative.

Subs far too late today and what’s Jedinak all about that late on playing third from bottom ffs, really was a must win a point is next to useless.

Never mind Bruce, the amount of draws to shite teams reminds me of Mcleish!!  Why Jedinak??? 

We have a striker on nearly 20 goals and we score draw against a weak Reading side. Concerned, definitely. Is this what Managing Villa does to a tactical manager, maybe.

It's like managers come here, then become terrified to lose a game, an tighten up.

1 minute ago, penguin said:

Was willing to put up with the up and down results when we were playing good football and looked a work in progress. This has completely ceased now and we are unrecognisable from Steve Bruce’s Aston Villa.

Starting to have hallmarks of Paul Lambert Mk 2. Exciting, progressive and attacking manager comes to Villa; All looks good for a while yet after conceding a load of goals starts losing bottle we getting more and more negative.

Subs far too late today and what’s Jedinak all about that late on playing third from bottom ffs, really was a must win a point is next to useless.

Agreed, he will be dishing out a years contract to Hutton next and recalling Stephen Ireland and Darren Bent from the bomb squad for some much needed experience

• Haha 1

If this carries on, he's in a precarious position. Why send the kids out on loan when you're continually playing sub par players who won't be here next season? 

This isn't the manager I thought we were getting and it worries me. 

Â