Dean Smith

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

God awful subs and way too late. Sticks with same shit like adomah and Hutton .

we look no bettetpr than under bruce.

He leaves out Hutton and plays Elmo instead he gets just as much stick.  We want to send Bolasie back to Everton and give him stick for playing Adomah.

I really, really cant wait til Jack is back and hopefully we can produce something closer to what we played early on under Smith.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

If this carries on, he's in a precarious position. Why send the kids out on loan when you're continually playing sub par players who won't be here next season? 

This isn't the manager I thought we were getting and it worries me

This this and this

• Like 4

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

He leaves out Hutton and plays Elmo instead he gets just as much stick.  We want to send Bolasie back to Everton and give him stick for playing Adomah.

I really, really cant wait til Jack is back and hopefully we can produce something closer to what we played early on under Smith.

I get what you're saying but we should NOT have to rely on one player to get a result at reading....

• Like 1

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Agreed, he hasn't got a lot to pick from, but that doesn't mean he should just go with the experienced lads and hope for the best. Which is from what I can tell is what we are now.

We're a set piece team

• Like 2

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

I get what you're saying but we should NOT have to rely on one player to get a result at reading....

yeah, without Grealish we have zero penetration and are so predictable.

Hourihane is damn terrible, i really dislike that guy.

El Ghazi/Adomah and friends just......no idea what to say tbh.

Tammy missed a sitter again?

Just now, MaVilla said:

He did, from a fumbled shot...but I wouldn't be too harsh on Tammy on this one. He didn't get a forward pass all game.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Hence why he hasnt as yet made it at chelsea

Sticking my head out of the parapet here. But still think Smith needs the preseason and summer transfers to impose his style on the team, then he gets judged. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN
You can’t polish a turd
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Mantis said:

There's something rotten at this club.

No chap, always said huge pressure, huge club, huge expectations. Too much for Smith, but who we gonna get, we can't entice the big names unfortunately, but that's what we need.

Smith's tactics have not disappeared overnight, he's become a bit of a bottler, scared to lose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, GENTLEMAN said:

Sticking my head out of the parapet here. But still think Smith needs the preseason and summer transfers to impose his style on the team, then he gets judged. 

I do agree with your comment and I also think most people here do also.

I think some are just annoyed that it doesn't even look like we are trying to change at the moment, you know, some progress in style even if results aren't perfect?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe. But I don’t see how that could make these same players do something different. 

Isn't that precisely what the guy at Leeds did ?- I wasn't aware they had a big turnover of players in the summer......

3 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Without tammy Abraham (most of our goals) and potentially without grealish and Mcginn (our creativity) and Richards (our current club icon)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

No chap, always said huge pressure, huge club, huge expectations. Too much for Smith, but who we gonna get, we can't entice the big names unfortunately, but that's what we need.

Smith's tactics have not disappeared overnight, he's become a bit of a bottler, scared to lose.

I think there's a bit more to it than that. For whatever reason there seems to be an air of nervousness and negativity around the club. It's been that way for years.

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We should have done what Leeds did.

Get in a big name manager who can handle the pressure of a big club.

See my previous post, 100% agree, but not sure a big name would come. To much for Smith though and it shows already.

This is how manager's play when they are feeling the pressure. See Bruce. Lambert, Mcleish.

• Like 1

So frustrating today because 25 minutes in to the second half I thought he'd nailed it, fixed the issues in the first half and we were really controlling them with the press.

Then the subs came and it killed us, kodj isn't a Dean Smith player, and you could tell Carroll hadn't played with this team before, Jedinak was also an odd choice but Carroll wasn't settling in the deeper role and mcginn was cooked I dunno what to say there.

Put Jack in that team at the start of the second half and I think we'd have murdered them though.

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The kids on here will continue to moan until then I’m afraid. 

The kids on here will continue to label other people "kids" because they have a  different opinion, in a forum, designed for the sharing of opinions. 

Pesky kids, eh? 

Edited by Don_Simon

Â