Dean Smith

Demitri_C

15 minutes ago, jim said:

Huge mistake.

Has it even been 20 games yet? Way to early to be saying things like this. We're trying to restructure the entire club from the ground up. 17 games in and we've made a huge mistake with our managerial appointment? Give me a break.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Has it even been 20 games yet? Way to early to be saying things like this. We're trying to restructure the entire club from the ground up. 17 games in and we've made a huge mistake with our managerial appointment? Give me a break.

Disagree, I’ve seen enough. No improvement for weeks. Yes this squad has its faults but it’s more than good enough to be challenging too 6 in this tin pot league.

Average manager way out of his depth and should never have been employed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

When Jack returns we will hopefully start playing like we did in his first few games in charge and everyone will love him again.

27 minutes ago, KHV said:

Horihane isn't terrible. He is the only one that delivers a good ball .

The problem is down the sides. Hutton Taylor Adomah and El Ghazi are awful 

Hourihane is terrible. He is awful at almost everything. He doesn't have the legs nor the grit.  He pulls out of tackle, he loses possession. Unfortunately he has a v good left foot, which means a few people are fooled by the odd goal and assist, but he is a total liability. 

Or to sum that up for you he is piss poor at football, but rather good at free kicks. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

Just now, jim said:

Disagree, I’ve seen enough. No improvement for weeks. Yes this squad has its faults but it’s more than good enough to be challenging too 6 in this tin pot league.

This is such bollocks. We look shit on paper in my opinion.  Take Abraham and Mcginn out and there’s nothing special. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s similar to Farke at Norwich. They could have sacked him in the summer but stuck with him so he could bring his own players in and have a preseason. 

If he had been our manager and ended the season the way Norwich did last season many fans would have been calling for his head. 

We need to be patient I’m afraid.

I thought Farke had previous for promotions galore ? - where as Smith has previous for high scoring - but high conceeding teams 

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

I don't know enough about the leeds players - it was more the general approach of bringing in a top manager.

Smith most likley will get more time and start next season. I can't say I am hopeful though - as I have said before though, dont forget those who choose the manager had Henry in the frame - so the grass isn't always greener.

I would argue that the Leeds squad had inherent qualities to play his system. Although he has repositioned and pulled many from the academy. Perhaps his insight could have also worked on our squad, but it’s not so clear to me. If you had placed the 2 squads side by side at the end of last season, I would say you select the Leeds squad to better master Bielsa’s football philosophy. 

Bielsa also comes with a cult of personality. He has the aura of a genius. It’s like ‘spy gate’. Even if it had no tactical advantage, you can imagine the boost in confidence it gives to the players. ‘We’ve got the inside track, our leader is one step ahead’. There’s a strong confidence and belief in him and his system from the squad. I think the psychology of belief is underestimated. A metaphorical truth can be as powerful as a literal truth, it dependents on the utility of the outcome.

You also cannot discredit the importance of a pre-season in building the conditioning and habits needed for a high press system.

There would be little argument that Bielsa is a superior coach to Smith. But there are few like Bielsa in world football. Perhaps Smith will ultimately fail, but he needs to mold his squad and have a preseason. Maybe we do need a Bielsa or a Benitez, someone who’s past is superior to this league. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This is such bollocks. We look shit on paper in my opinion.  Take Abraham and Mcginn out and there’s nothing special. 

We do look bare that is a valid point.

We just need to stay in touch of the play offs until Jack's back and we should still just about make it.

It's then it will really counts. Until then, we're 4 points off and 16 games to play. Let's keep scrapping away folks.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

I thought Farke had previous for promotions galore ? - where as Smith has previous for high scoring - but high conceeding teams 

You sure about that mate? 

Also you got some fans saying he has bottled it and turned defensive now so we shouldn’t concede too many from now on. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

This. People for some absurd reason think our squad is good at football cause it's expensive.

• Like 2

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

We do look bare that is a valid point.

We just need to stay in touch of the play offs until Jack's back and we should still just about make it.

It's then it will really counts. Until then, we're 4 points off and 16 games to play. Let's keep scrapping away folks.

Unfortunately this is where we are at this present time.

15 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I just thing he has focused on sorting the defence and to that end at least today was an improvement although i am sure better teams will murder us.

But we were playing a reading team that barely average a goal per game and out of all of the players they had on the pitch not a single one of them has managed more than 1 goal all season. If we played 1-5-4 with an injured chester as the only defender i'm still not sure that they would have scored

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Compared to the rest of the Championship? Pull the other one! 

How. No smith think that was a good performance? I thought our cbs were excellent and the keeper. But the play on the left and right sides were very very poor. 

This team looks nothing like his Brentford team in how we play. Lately we have looked exactly the same as under bruce

• Like 1

Â