Dean Smith

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Don't know why everyone is so upset tbf. Defence looked far better and we should have won with the chances we had, just wasn't to be. 

It's an improvement at the back and a point away from home against a team battling for their league survival.

I have watched Scotland play. Chris Martin got games on the regular. Grant Hanley. Iwelumo. Christophe Berra. Kris Boyd. Garry O'Connor.

Getting international caps for Scotland doesn't make you a player. Being a 34 year old who used to doesn't either!

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

He only has to win a few games to shut us all up

Unfortunately that is not true. Villa fans, and especially brummies have a pHd in bitching. In fact I've never met a woman that complains more than Villa fans. If I met a female Villa fan I swear the world would end. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

People will seriously argue all kinds of stupid shit to have a moan at a Villa manager. Bloody children the lot of you. Expecting success over night. Sounds to me you've never worked for a thing your entire life. 

Yep. Bang on. We've all had it easy as ****. 

Or, just maybe, some expect to beat teams in the relegation zone and see some form of progress over the period of time Dean Smith has been in charge. 

It's interesting to me how quickly people start throwing insults around when others don't agree with them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

Or, just maybe, some expect to beat teams in the relegation zone and see some form of progress over the period of time Dean Smith has been in charge. 

It's interesting to me how quickly people start throwing insults around when others don't agree with them.

Well Don Simon. If we didn’t see improvement when he first took over we would actually be in a relegation battle now. 

Yes it’s gone tits up since the great run but there’s still hope the return of the best player in the league can keep us in contention for the play offs so not all is lost just yet. It is slipping away though. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well Don Simon. If we didn’t see improvement when he first took over we would actually be in a relegation battle now. 

Yes it’s gone tits up since the great run but there’s still hope the return of the best player in the league can keep us in contention for the play offs so not all is lost just yet. It is slipping away though. 

The weird irony is we are now 9th (1 place higher than yesterday), and 4 points off the playoffs (1 point closer).

But granted, we have been terribly poor since Grealish got injured, and if we can get him back quick, hopefully that can stem the slide.

We should have done better in our last 4 to 6 games, no doubt.

Edited by MaVilla

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

And that improvement has dissipated, long ago. So we're back to where we were before he came. The football is awful, the results aren't much better. It's surely not out of this world to suggest he needs to do better?

An entire allotment would be chucked at Bruce for these results. 

I wanted Smith to be appointed and continue to want Smith as I think he's just what we need. But currently, I'm confused by some of the decisions he's making. 

(As an aside, and probably best for a different topic, the best player in the league is of **** all use if he misses a couple of months every season).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

everyone I know is saying the same thing. we should of got brendan rogers

if we don't beat sheffield next week the fans will turn.

and watch them lose 10k off the gate at the same time.

well done wes edens and silent egyptian. great businessmen you are. I'll be seeing you both down the launderette.

How do you know we didn't try?

Good, I actually prefer it when the 3k-8k casuals don't turn up tbfh and moan about every single pass.

• Haha 1

Have to say, I’ve been really impressed with him. 

Scraping a win against bottom of the league due to a terrible refereeing decision and then drawing against second bottom - all the signs are there that we should give him £Ms and multiple windows. Completely agree. 

Especially given we have this wonderful infrastructure at the club that are great at recruitment. So grateful for that.

Job is too big for him. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Exactly. 

56 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s similar to Farke at Norwich. They could have sacked him in the summer but stuck with him so he could bring his own players in and have a preseason. 

If he had been our manager and ended the season the way Norwich did last season many fans would have been calling for his head. 

We need to be patient I’m afraid.

Oh no, this will give the happy clappers fuel for the rest of the season. Thanks for making that point. 

41 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just because you’ve heard of them all it don’t mean they are good players. They’re all shit mate!!

Bollocks, they are more than good enough at this level to achieve top 6.

Its the manager that’s shit. 

• Like 2

Whilst I'm not overly impressed with what Ive seen from Smith so far it's still way to early to want him out yet. He needs to be given a proper chance and with the amount of high wage players leaving in the summer it will be a great opportunity for him to build a younger quicker more attacking side.

Will be interesting to see how much better we play once Grealish and tuanzabe return, I still think we can put a good run of 6 or 7 wins together and make the play offs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, holteend1982 said:

Whilst I'm not overly impressed with what Ive seen from Smith so far it's still way to early to want him out yet. He needs to be given a proper chance and with the amount of high wage players leaving in the summer it will be a great opportunity for him to build a younger quicker more attacking side.

Will be interesting to see how much better we play once Grealish and tuanzabe return, I still think we can put a good run of 6 or 7 wins together and make the play offs. 

Will almost be interesting when Tuanzebe returns, if Mings carriers on like he did on his debut, we would be nuts to drop him.

Could go to left back maybe........

I see the trolls are out in force tonight ... I swear some of our supposed supporters are only happy when they are tearing into other fans or the team and with a high level of passive aggressive sarcasm .... Some posters on here obviously know better than the paid professionals but have chosen to enlighten us with their vast and superior football knowledge on forums rather than work in the game . We should feel blessed they care to share this insight with the rest of us .... 

• Like 1

Â