Dean Smith

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

But at the time you were moaning that he'd rotated. It was obvious they fancied something today and were vindicated with how much running our team did today.

Doesn't that perfectly illustrate how our management can make better, more informed decisions than us?

It isn't here for reasoned debate. Just laugh and move on. 

• Like 4

5mins to go, away at Old Trafford and we bring on a young Striker. 

Performances and results will go up down, that’s sport. Trying to win every game under this manager will never change. 

That’s why I was proud after Chelsea even though the result went against us. So so proud this evening. Love you gaffer. 

6 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

When asked what this win will do for team confidence, Hause said that’s all down to the gaffer. He tells them they’re just as good as anybody in the league and they believe in what he says.

Think that summarises how good Deano is tbf.

I also liked the bit where he praised UTD and their players, but then said ‘but we’re Aston Villa’ 

I really, really hope he keeps progressing us and he can be here for the next decade. Having one of our own leading us forward rocks and there's no one else I'd rather see end our trophyless spell. How anyone can be negative towards him is beyond me. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Deano doing the business yet again. I wonder if the Grealish transfer has somehow helped him a little too. He can play different formations and play different systems where everything doesn’t have to go through Jack. 

There’s no ego’s now either. Jack was a class act but remember his reaction to being subbed off against Newcastle. No player should have a divine right to play every minute, don’t care who they are. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hope our fans now realise how good our point v Brentford was considering the circumstances. 

Yeah there was a very bizarre overreaction to it from some quarters. Brentford are no mugs and we were decimated injury-wise.

Maybe it was because it was ridiculously seen as our last "winnable" game because after all, how could we possibly get any points at all from Everton, Chelsea and Man United?

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

We really do belong in this league now and are competitive against anybody, including the elite.  Deano’s confidence is feeding the players and they clearly believe in him.

When this squad is fully fit and integrated, we’re going to give a couple of teams a damn good thrashing.

I also love the fact that nobody including opposition managers know what team and formation we’re going to pick. Last season was consistently 433 with not much left on the bench to change a game. Now our bench is full of quality and options. It’s great.

I was massively unsure of the back three and wing backs approach, I didn't understand why we have so many wingers that we aren't using, but so far the decision looks genius as we are playing on the front foot against the big boys and can unleash more attackers later in a game if it's not working.

We are playing well as a team and some of our players haven't even got out of second gear yet that is all credit to Dean.

Also on a random note, does it wind anyone else up as it does me that when we beat one of the big boys their managers blame everyone but themselves for the loss and refuse to give us single bit of credit. Ole crying like a little girl.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I was massively unsure of the back three and wing backs approach, I didn't understand why we have so many wingers that we aren't using, but so far the decision looks genius as we are playing on the front foot against the big boys and can unleash more attackers later in a game if it's not working.

We are playing well as a team and some of our players haven't even got out of second gear yet that is all credit to Dean.

Also on a random note, does it wind anyone else up as it does me that when we beat one of the big boys their managers blame everyone but themselves for the loss and refuse to give us single bit of credit. Ole crying like a little girl.

Just OGS deflecting his poor tactics for the match and that Villa outplayed them. Funny watching those Manure pods they are melting down, nearly as bad as the Arsenal ones when we turned them over last season, hilarious.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Deano doing the business yet again. I wonder if the Grealish transfer has somehow helped him a little too. He can play different formations and play different systems where everything doesn’t have to go through Jack. 

I said something similar recently. Dean was stuck as he had to play his star player in his best position really. That meant predominantly going 4-3-3. For example, Smith would never have gone 3-5-2 today had Jack stayed. Now we have no stand out players (relatively) and more squad depth (as a result of the Grealish sale) he can rotate with confidence. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

Â