Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Smith has always wanted this approach. He just didn’t have the players for it and knew it would get us relegated so had to correct it. We now have a squad to play the way he wants us to and we seeing the rewards. 

He’s a top manager.

Great post and where I am with us 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Be interesting to see what he does during December/January.

Last season he played the same players every week and they jaded.

Got the squad to rotate now. Gotta use it.

He's used 23 players so far this season...  Not sure how much more rotation he can do, bro...

• Like 2

Pre-match press conference on Friday was really interesting the way Villa are approaching games.

We have options and can vary our play and line-up to keep the opposition guessing.

A fully fit Villa team with Bailey starting is looking likely to be the best Villa team in many years.

Credit to Smith and the management as we are a playing a very cool and assured game now. We are looking quality.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well he rotated them in the week to ensure we had fully intensity this game. Unfortunately he got criticised for that too. 

Fair enough.

I would take a defeat every day of the week in the Coca Cola cup if it means a win over those bastards from Manchester.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Hasn’t had it easy so far, poor pre-season and injuries/internationals etc threatened the start but he deserves all the credit for remoulding this side into a better team post-Grealish. We are much more competitive, more solid, he knows what he is doing and has the whole squad pulling in the same direction, and wringing the best out of his coaches too. Improved us every single season since he arrived. We are never a fashionable team and Smith will never be a fashionable manager, he wont even get the begrudging respect Dyche gets, but he is right up there in management terms and getting better, we can all see that. I trust him to improve himself and step up when we step up. Any one who suggests he is at risk is a fair weather fan not paying attention.

Sorry I’ve got to go in because it started raining, what did you say?

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Fair enough.

I would take a defeat every day of the week in the Coca Cola cup if it means a win over those bastards from Manchester.

There’s no way we would have won that if played these players in the week. They needed to be fresh for that.  You need to accept that Smith is a very good manager. He will get things wrong like all managers do but he knows what he is doing. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Fair enough.

But at the time you were moaning that he'd rotated. It was obvious they fancied something today and were vindicated with how much running our team did today.

Doesn't that perfectly illustrate how our management can make better, more informed decisions than us?

Â