Dean Smith

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Alright Dean. 

This was f*** beautiful. 

Unbelievable result. 

Been waiting hours to quote this and you beat me to holding your hands up. Bastard. ;) 

Greenwood, Pogba, Ronaldo, Fernandes 

Christ what a team. We've got no chance. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Oi Smith Haters. 

tenor.gif

I am not sure there are any Smith haters. You don't need to be a hater just because you hand out criticism to someone. I think everyone enjoys something about what Smith has put into Villa. It really does show that there is a plan and it is working as a progressive long plan.

When was the last time a Villa team pressed like that for 90 mins? I'm not sure I've ever seen us play like that before... except arguably against Chelsea the other week. Just stunning.

Also, this performance wouldn't have been possible with a certain floppy haired babyshinpad player in the side. He was a great player for us, but we've well and truly moved on. This is now Deanoball. Sit down Bielsa, there's a new genius in town.

• Like 1

My one remaining concern about him was whether he'd be able to get us playing as well without Grealish, who we all too often looked awful without in previous seasons.

I no longer have that concern. Smith is doing a phenomonal job.

• Like 3

That 5-3-2 system is a winner. Imagine defending against Ings and Watkins. Then when you have the ball you have no time on the ball.

With a fully fit team we then have Buendia, Bailey (if not starting), Sanson, Traore to bring on. 🤩 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If Smiths critics aren’t sucking him off after this game then they never will. 

Some poor finishing took the shine off the game, but it really was a gamne of fine margins. We could have drew 1-1, but we really should have won it by 3 or 4 goal. We were superior all over the pitch.

It's the first game that it's really sunk in that we're not a one man team anymore :) 

• Like 2

Â