Dean Smith

Demitri_C

14 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Exactly. The is how we should have approached games since the moment we went down. Gambling on games with hoofball or counter attacks is just criminal with the quality of players we've had in this league.

I don’t think there’s any point getting into a Bruce defence point here, everyone has long since made their mind up and I am clearly delighted to have Smith and don’t think Bruce would ever have us playing like that. But that doesn’t mean I don’t also think if we had tried to play like it in the first year we were down it wouldn’t have been a disaster. I honestly believe Bruce stabilised us when this was the most toxic freefalling club in the country and he gets credit for that from me - as does Terry as captain. Now I think Smith can have us climbing just as fast the other direction.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Absolutely demolished the 3rd placed team in the league...  Boro only allowed 10 goals in 19 games before today...  We comfortably put three past them and should have had a penalty on top of it.  Besides their one shot, which Nyland nearly bottled, they didn't look a threat at all.

Deano had us playing patiently against a Pulis side who you know without even looking at their previous game footage are going to put 10 men behind the ball at home and try to score off set pieces.  We took our time, kept the ball, and looked for opportunities when they opened up.  Brilliant tactics by the man who just "put out the cones and passed out the bibs" at Brentford.  UTV!  Long Live Dean Smith!

That is totally down to a modern, forward-thinking manager out-witting a dinosaur!

Incredible performance. I feel like I'm repeating myself every game but I love Dean Smith and I love how we're playing. It's absolutely incredible, we've just gone to the best defence in the Championship and made them look completely garbage. 

Simply fantastic. 

• Like 2

Just now, AshVilla said:

We'd probably be 10 points ahead of the rest had we started with Dean.

The bloke before was such a clown.

The crazy part is that it was so obviously plain to see to every man and his dog.. except to the 1 man that actually mattered.

Play to your strengths, don't use your trump cards to "protect" the weakness.

He was just soooooooo negative, and it was feeding down into the players.

At some point the game passes some managers by, this was Bruce. He had his window and just missed on delivering.

We now have a proper manager who understands the club and has the players playing an attractive attacking style of play. It's getting better every week and is a joy to watch. 

For so long, year after year, you watch other teams with jealousy actually playing football. Teams looking exciting and playing with flair and on the front foot, creating chances, looking comfortable in tight spaces.

You think 'is it ever going to happen for us?' ' Why do we always end up with a dud?'

I think we have finally got a good one. So happy.

• Like 2

Last two away games ...

Derby 0 villa 3 ... 

Boro 0 villa 3 ... 

9 goals in 2 home games .... oh what could of been if he was appointed in the summer ... Thierry and Steve who 

Edited by thabucks

So happy he’s proving some wrong that didn’t want him, as I’ve said on here and to mates I wanted him before we appointed Di Matteo and when we got rid of him.

Best football I’ve seen from villa in years this, it’s a joy to watch again

• Like 1

Â