Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Biggest change for me is how much more agressive and sharper we are for second balls. Under Bruce we always seemed off the pace. Don’t know whether it’s fitness, confidence or tactics but we look like a different team with and without the ball. It’s crazy!

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Biggest change for me is how much more agressive and sharper we are for second balls. Under Bruce we always seemed off the pace. Don’t know whether it’s fitness, confidence or tactics but we look like a different team with and without the ball. It’s crazy!

For me it’s because our midfield was so deep marking people our defence should be. Now we are on the front foot pressing and closing down. So much better tactically and on the eye 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

For me it’s because our midfield was so deep marking people our defence should be. Now we are on the front foot pressing and closing down. So much better tactically and on the eye 

Yes we crowding players out and winning the ball back quickly when we lose it. I think against Forest we didn’t do this well enough and it cost us the first 3 goals. Today we did it superbly. 

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

I'm absolutely amazed at how well he's got us playing. Is Smith really good or is Bruce just really poor?

A little from Column A, and a little from Column B.

• Like 1

Well we've made borough slip up, if we can do that to everyone of those teams above us then we will simply run the league.

I don't think those teams above us have what it takes to run flat out and win rest of their games, they just don't have the players.

wait till we are reinforced in a new keeper, defence and for the love of god a Abraham and Odoi partnership permanently not loans..

8 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Well we've made borough slip up, if we can do that to everyone of those teams above us then we will simply run the league.

I don't think those teams above us have what it takes to run flat out and win rest of their games, they just don't have the players.

wait till we are reinforced in a new keeper, defence and for the love of god a Abraham and Odoi partnership permanently not loans..

I think Leeds can. Even when they have drawn or lost they have generally bossed the game (baggies aside). They are very similar to us in how they play and I fancy them to win the league.

I think we can finish second. Norwich could be this seasons cardiff. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think Leeds can. Even when they have drawn or lost they have generally bossed the game. They are very similar to us in how they play and I fancy them to win the league.

I think we can finish second. Norwich could be this seasons cardiff. 

booooooo secret Leeds fan here LMAO. We will win the league, I think even Leeds will slip up as they're yet to really have a slip up, we had ours under bruce.

Tell you what, if we lose promotion on the fact it was all down to having Steve Bruce way to long, we will all be cursing for an eternity.

46 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I categorically did not want this man as our manager. I am an idiot. Most enjoyable football since BFR👍

If you ask for Bruce back you will receive coal in your stocking.

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

booooooo secret Leeds fan here LMAO. We will win the league, I think even Leeds will slip up as they're yet to really have a slip up, we had ours under bruce.

Tell you what, if we lose promotion on the fact it was all down to having Steve Bruce way to long, we will all be cursing for an eternity.

The went something like 8 games without a win. My best mates a Leeds fan so have to hear about what’s going on with them. 

11 minutes ago, Stockport_Villain said:

I’m addictive to this way of playing football and absolutely love the fact it’s by a team in claret and blue from the midlands. It sooooo go to be a Villa fan at the moment. 

Thank you Dean Smith.

Seriously, this guy is setting the identity I now want for Aston Villa going forward. I never thought I would see my team play like this. I always assumed that was for the likes of other teams with foreign managers. How wonderfully wrong I was.

We are just bloody great to watch. As an aside if he keeps this up he will be actually GROWING the clubs fan base overseas and elsewhere for a change. Who wouldn't want to watch this?  

Thank you Dean Smith.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Seriously, this guy is setting the identity I now want for Aston Villa going forward. I never thought I would see my team play like this. I always assumed that was for the likes of other teams with foreign managers. How wonderfully wrong I was.

We are just bloody great to watch. As an aside if he keeps this up he will be actually GROWING the clubs fan base overseas and elsewhere each time. Who wouldn't want to watch this?  

Thank you Dean Smith.

Gives English managers some hope, same can be said about Eddie Howe.

• Like 1

Â