Dean Smith

Demitri_C

I am loving DS and his style, he's the real deal, him and the team are doing us proud.

Now....dont take this the wrong way, i almost dont want us to be promoted this season, the reason being is that DS is still in-bedding his style and methodologies, and i wonder if a promotion this season, with some of our players might be a bit too soon in reality??

Part of me does want to get promoted, but also part of me wants us to inbed this new style and confidence, give DS a January and close season to bring in his own players, and then really get everything clicking and in place for next season, then if we did go up we might be in a good place to carry it forward.

I might be wrong though, as to be honest we probably wouldnt keep some of out key players next season if wee didnt go up (Abraham/Tuanzebe/Bolasie/El Ghazi etc), so maybe we just do need to go up tomaintain the momentum, dunno! :P

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Under the last regime we would have played for a satisfying turgid 0-0

Would of been lucky to see 5 mins of entertainment under bruce, we was a wreck.

God knows what bruce does as manager, I would be very surprised if he lands a decent managers job again, he should give up or change if he's not.

25 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Seriously, this guy is setting the identity I now want for Aston Villa going forward. I never thought I would see my team play like this. I always assumed that was for the likes of other teams with foreign managers. How wonderfully wrong I was.

We are just bloody great to watch. As an aside if he keeps this up he will be actually GROWING the clubs fan base overseas and elsewhere for a change. Who wouldn't want to watch this?  

Thank you Dean Smith.

Think at some point if he ever leaves villa, deserves a chance to manage England.. 

24 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I am loving DS and his style, he's the real deal, him and the team are doing us proud.

Now....dont take this the wrong way, i almost dont want us to be promoted this season, the reason being is that DS is still in-bedding his style and methodologies, and i wonder if a promotion this season, with some of our players might be a bit too soon in reality??

Part of me does want to get promoted, but also part of me wants us to inbed this new style and confidence, give DS a January and close season to bring in his own players, and then really get everything clicking and in place for next season, then if we did go up we might be in a good place to carry it forward.

I might be wrong though, as to be honest we probably wouldnt keep some of out key players next season if wee didnt go up (Abraham/Tuanzebe/Bolasie/El Ghazi etc), so maybe we just do need to go up tomaintain the momentum, dunno! :P

We have a good chance signing them with the new fifa rules coming in 2020, premier teams have to shrink and the hoarding of players as well as only allowed up to 8 players out on loan.

We have a very good chance at  bringing in Tammy, Tuanzebe and Bolasie.

Think of it as this, if Chelsea and man u had no space before these rules come into affect, imagine what it will be like once those rules come into play. Premiere teams can no longer make business of hoarding the talent so the only thing is to straight up sell them to team alike ours, sure the price will be high for Tammy but he's worth it to permanently say he's ours.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Think at some point if he ever leaves villa, deserves a chance to manage England.. 

He’s doing a good job but let’s not get carried away.

We are performing as we should be for a squad with the amount of talent we have compared to the rest of the division. 

It’s only because the previous incumbent was a dinosaur that we haven’t in previous years.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, jim said:

We are performing as we should be for a squad with the amount of talent we have compared to the rest of the division. 

It’s only because the previous incumbent was a dinosaur that we haven’t in previous years.

I did say when he leaves villa and no doubt he will of been through more managerial positions.

If we can give Southgate a try at his age then certainly Smith deserves a go at it down the line at the England job.

4 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I actually look forward to and love watching Villa again 😍😍😍

Yes we've become quite the joy to watch.

Like you've been going out with this woman for years, then things have got boring but love her no matter how boring it's become. Then suddenly she decides to spice it up in the bedroom and that new thing she's doing you just can't get enough 😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Absolutely incredible.

Derby, Blues, Forest, Mboro. 10 points and would have been 12 and total domination every match if we had even an average shot stopping keeper.

I dont think its just Nylands fault, id say it between him, chester and taylor, they all share the blame i think.

Some of the shots/goals scored wouldn't of been if our defence was what it was last season.

In fact imagine if we had the way were firing in goals now with the defensive capabilities of last season, would remarkable we would.

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Reading the Boro forum and I kind of feel for them. They sound just like how we did under Bruce. 

Makes me that much more happy that we've got Deano. We've had to suffer for 8 years for this though!

Why what are they saying, could you copy n paste a few good posts please??

45 minutes ago, jim said:

And the 6 or so Managers before him. 

Our transformation is insane, in such a short space of time, the scary thing is you'd think we'll get even better as the season goes on. 

Yes we were underperforming for the quality of squad we have but many managers would (and have) achieved nothing like what we've seen so far. 

I don't see us losing many games now until the end of the season, I think we'll see a Fulham style run all the way to the title. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

And the 6 or so Managers before him. 

Our transformation is insane, in such a short space of time, the scary thing is you'd think we'll get even better as the season goes on. 

Yes we were underperforming for the quality of squad we have but many managers would (and have) achieved nothing like what we've seen so far. 

I don't see us losing many games now until the end of the season, I think we'll see a Fulham style run all the way to the title. 

As long as no big injuries to key players it is looking at that way.  Also a new keeper and some further strength in January and we will be challenging for top 2.

• Like 1

Â