Dean Smith

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, Thug said:

The crazy part is that it was so obviously plain to see to every man and his dog.. except to the 1 man that actually mattered.

Play to your strengths, don't use your trump cards to "protect" the weakness.

He was just soooooooo negative, and it was feeding down into the players.

I'd love to just watch him watching our games. I hope there are tears of shame.

Just now, KMitch said:

The Championship Table since Smith took over.  We're 2nd and keep in mind, 5 of those 8 games were against the other teams around us at the top of the table.  Brilliant stuff.  

image.thumb.png.71dc48c2098c3f010f730edf138c104c.png

Wow, Norwich are on some run huh?

I'm sure I saw that they were one of the youngest teams in the division too.

And all the scare mongers who were talking about machines and cogs... look at number 22.

Couple of things I love about Smith:

1) The attacking subs - even though we were winning today on came Hogan and Kodjia. He wanted more goals and was not content with sitting back.

2) The intelligence we play with. We didn't just lump the ball in the box - we played the game we wanted to and put the ball (mostly) on the floor.

UTV.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Couple of things I love about Smith:

1) The attacking subs - even though we were winning today on came Hogan and Kodjia. He wanted more goals and was not content with sitting back.

2) The intelligence we play with. We didn't just lump the ball in the box - we played the game we wanted to and put the ball (mostly) on the floor.

UTV.

It's football basics and was Bruce's biggest failing.
You are winning, you are on top and out playing the opposition....why concede all that and let them come at you

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Steve Bruce - 'who are Villa gonna get that's better than me?'

Dean Smith - 'Hold my pint....'

God I loathe  that ugly, conceited, deluded jerk.

Now we've got a proper Villa man who's a proper football manager having got rid of one that was neither, can we get rid of that totally un-Villa Manc-crap Oasis played at VP? It has zero connection to, or history at, Villa and I hate it as much as I hate Bruce. It is merely an ugly reminder of underachievement and mediocrity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, privateer said:

God I loathe  that ugly, conceited, deluded jerk.

Now we've got a proper Villa man who's a proper football manager having got rid of one that was neither, can we get rid of that totally un-Villa Manc-crap Oasis played at VP? It has zero connection to, or history at, Villa and I hate it as much as I hate Bruce. It is merely an ugly reminder of underachievement and mediocrity.

Get some UB40 on?

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Greatest time as a fan since the MON era for anyone at the age of 25 or below.

Loving every minute of this.

For me its the early to mid 90s, Big Ron, Brian little days, but this era could quickly take over and all it would take is a promotion and a championship title win..

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

For me its the early to mid 90s, Big Ron, Brian little days, but this era could quickly take over and all it would take is a promotion and a championship title win..

Sadly too early for me being born in 91.

MON era is what i have fondest memories of

Â