Dean Smith

Demitri_C

32 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

We did give ourselves a ridiculous task but giving that we went on that run to get promoted ahead of schedule, we did what we had to do and God was with us last season, given how much went against us, we did have some good fortune in the end.

All the new signings look a considerable upgrade, not every player works, that a given but the average age of the squad bodes well for us to operate much safer financially. 

Still pissed we are going to have to wait till January to get the rocket but who knows we may not need him.

giphy.gif

Edited by Follyfoot

3 hours ago, Nigel said:

They have taken this whole thing annoyingly well!

I think after how City reacted after losing to Leicester that it was all they could do. Would look ridiculous blaming the ref or deflections

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

A bit harsh on a player not allowed to play. 

I meant bloody Gomez, dont know why I said Mane, not one bit I dont know why I wrote his name.

If it's one thing you can count on at VillaTalk when making a mistake is the lurkers in the waiting, waiting for the odd mistake so they can rack up some smiley faces 😉. Then you know at that point no matter what's said however good or bad it gets ignored by the Lurker and his mistake lovers. Sometimes it's like a wildlife program, The poster puts the bait down (the mistake), Lurker (the animal) takes Bait and makes a meal of the said Bait, then camera crew are in the bushes filming it, sharing it and beating one off saying ooooh yeah more, more, more in a barry white voice. Then they wait for the next one and the next one like a drug it is to some of you lol, heres ten smiley faces just to tide you by till the next person makes a mistake 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think after how City reacted after losing to Leicester that it was all they could do. Would look ridiculous blaming the ref or deflections

What like Souness saying it was the Grass being to long,that was daft. The grounds keeper reaction was pretty darn good. They tried to blame the officials still for VAR not showing up and the fact we was offside at times.

The excuses will always roll when the best get beat like that because while it may be a once in a blue moon scenario, it's hard for them to swallow. Hardly anyone will admit that Liverpool got beat fare and square by the better team on the day. The most important admittance is Klopp, anyone else who tries to deny Smith and the lads just has to refer to Klopps reaction.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

the first time you could potentially see both Pool and United without European qualification.

Let’s not get carried away mate. Man U started like this last season and Liverpool are still way too good to not be challenging for the title. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s why I wish we were playing them now instead of in January when they’ve had time to get their shit together and we’ve probably got a load injuries after the crazy Christmas period. 

Yes it's a bad timing this international break, there is always something trying to kill what momentum we gain. Hopefully when we come back we carry on at what we was doing.

I think we will beat United both games this season, I'm feeling very good about playing Man u this season.

I do think if it is our crowds that make our players nervous, then maybe we should all stay away. I would rather Villa beat teams and if it meant I didnt go to games to see them all for them to win, then so be it.

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Yes special attention, I thought it was lovely how he gave Smith some respect and said you've *built something special* many have failed to give Smith any respect at all so it's nice from the man in charge of the team that we did a good number on.

Was hugely impressed by Klopp on Sunday - he was sporting in defeat and spoke well ,  also congratulated villa players and after the 6th  goal flashed his pearly whites for all to see 👍

Edited by Eastie
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Let’s not get carried away mate. Man U started like this last season and Liverpool are still way too good to not be challenging for the title. 

I did say potentially, yes you are right but there is always the negative way in which that beating we gave them and spurs gave united could work bad for them.

Like I said somewhere on this page, that Pool and United have not signed very good, Pool ignored there defence and so have United, all while other teams have signed much better than them. That changes the game it does between the teams or it could change the game. I think Spurs, chelsea and Arsenal will be up there for a spot in europe, but I think Pool and UTD will struggle more this season. I think other teams who have invested better will edge some of the usual clubs gaining europe will edge them out, may only be abit but I do think we may see some new European qualifiers and I hope so to as theres only so many places. We could be one of the teams who qualify for all we know, we just do not know how this crazy season is going to go do we and while ever it's crazy we may as well put in crazy bets and think crazy.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

I meant bloody Gomez, dont know why I said Mane, not one bit I dont know why I wrote his name.

If it's one thing you can count on at VillaTalk when making a mistake is the lurkers in the waiting, waiting for the odd mistake so they can rack up some smiley faces 😉. Then you know at that point no matter what's said however good or bad it gets ignored by the Lurker and his mistake lovers. Sometimes it's like a wildlife program, The poster puts the bait down (the mistake), Lurker (the animal) takes Bait and makes a meal of the said Bait, then camera crew are in the bushes filming it, sharing it and beating one off saying ooooh yeah more, more, more in a barry white voice. Then they wait for the next one and the next one like a drug it is to some of you lol, heres ten smiley faces just to tide you by till the next person makes a mistake 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

Wow, I'm no lurker! 

Lurk The Office GIF

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Was hugely impressed by Klopp on Sunday - he was sporting in defeat and spoke well ,  also congratulated villa players and after the 6th  goal flashed his pearly whites for all to see 👍

I wouldn’t have been happy to see Smith laughing under the same circumstances but yeah I agree, he took it well, didn’t try to make too many excuses and the fact he applauded and visibly said ‘wow’ to DS upon full time was pretty impressive given the situation.

3 hours ago, Eastie said:

Honestly, I bet Klop is happy his team got a wake up call so early in the season. He has probably warned them multiple times about their lax defensive effort and inadequate pressing in midfield. What better way to get their attention than a nation wide embarrassment on prime time tv.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if liverpool go on to repeat as champions they owe us 25% of the winners share. It's only fair. 

• Like 1

Just to really illustrate how far we have come, we had to cancel Goal of the Month for October 2014 as we didnt score.

During that time I couldnt imagine us scoring 7 goals for the rest of that season never mind in one game

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

What like Souness saying it was the Grass being to long,that was daft. The grounds keeper reaction was pretty darn good. They tried to blame the officials still for VAR not showing up and the fact we was offside at times.

The excuses will always roll when the best get beat like that because while it may be a once in a blue moon scenario, it's hard for them to swallow. Hardly anyone will admit that Liverpool got beat fare and square by the better team on the day. The most important admittance is Klopp, anyone else who tries to deny Smith and the lads just has to refer to Klopps reaction.

To be fair to them, Liverpool's players, manager and fans have been nothing but classy. Its their media pundit pals and fans of other clubs who want to make excuses for or demonize Liverpool. Its not complex, Smith and our players had a great performance and Liverpool and Klopp kept pushing to get back into the game and conceded as they did so. They are still a great team with a great manager.

If this was Leeds everyone would be celebrating champagne football and rightly so.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Just to really illustrate how far we have come, we had to cancel Goal of the Month for October 2014 as we didnt score.

During that time I couldnt imagine us scoring 7 goals for the rest of that season never mind in one game

Never mind in one game against the reigning champions.

So much good has rightly been pointed out about Sunday but one thing that really impressed me is how the team defended even when 7 goals up. They were still playing like their live theirs depended on it and desperate not to concede. Excellent to see! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 4

Â