Dean Smith

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

A behind the scenes video I just spotted on youtube of the game day between Villa and Liverpool. And why does it look like they are all arriving together as if they went to the pub shortly before arriving, cheeky lads, getting in a quick one before match 🤣

Could anyone tell me what same Jackets at the start of the video alot of the players are wearing, I would very much like one of those camo Jackets, they look nice, thx.

it’s a scouse training jacket, why would you want that?!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

A behind the scenes video I just spotted on youtube of the game day between Villa and Liverpool.

Could anyone tell me what same Jackets at the start of the video alot of the players are wearing, I would very much like one of those camo Jackets, they look nice, thx.

Great video. 2 things I really noticed.

1. How together they all are. You can see how close the players are and this is a huge thing going forwards.

2. How bloody good Ollie Watkins second goal is. From the little nod down to mcginn to the final brilliant finish. That move was all about him with a little help from a couple of friends. Just shows that we have other threats now. Not just jack. This is huge.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Great video. 2 things I really noticed.

1. How together they all are. You can see how close the players are and this is a huge thing going forwards.

2. How bloody good Ollie Watkins second goal is. From the little nod down to mcginn to the final brilliant finish. That move was all about him with a little help from a couple of friends. Just shows that we have other threats now. Not just jack. This is huge.

Yes you do get to see the goals from different angles and they are lovely to see, even the footage we didnt get to see.

There is some very lovely link up play between the team and there is a special bond growing faster than it normally does.

21 minutes ago, a m ole said:

it’s a scouse training jacket, why would you want that?!

Why not I'll just take any Liverpool badge off and sew Villa on lmfao, I liked the hoodie also you know the white and black ones they were wearing.

I just spotted it in sports direct, bit pricey but I like the style.

https://www.sportsdirect.com/nike-liverpool-all-weather-fan-jacket-mens-374828?google&gclid=CjwKCAjwq_D7BRADEiwAVMDdHr1gaUkH6HH_9-ErREP6m2xgN_ulXi2MmgzAOuydfTVCWY3-9wAw2RoCaNQQAvD_BwE#colcode=37482802&fo_c=3681&fo_k=4af8c7de1f5bae3e78551e6a41fb5ae1&fo_s=gplauk

Edited by Dave-R

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I couldn't actually find the thread, but I was sure someone on this forum made a thread 3 weeks ago ish, where they said someone is soon due a proper spanking from us. Or something along those lines. 

Just wanted to tip my hat. Well played. 

I remember that too and thought how right they were whilst watching the demolition on Sunday night. 

Was it the prophet named Villalad21? The one who also started the "Title chase 20/21" thread?

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Was the same here and I'm starting to think that the coaching was always ok and that the players were not gelled and in some cases not good enough to execute our game plans.

Going back to the questioning of Dean 6 months or so ago there was always a lot of debate about if the players were not good enough or if Dean was not getting the best out of them. 

When you look back on that squad of 6 months ago I think we'd spent SO much money that we assumed at last most of them were up to scratch. 

Thinking back now players like Taylor, Elghazi, Nakamba, Hause, Guilbert and especially the strikers really were sub standard.  Probably the good results we got early on were in spite of the players.   The bench was diobolical so no way to bring strong reinforcements on. 

I lost the faith a little because we just couldn't buy a point.  We had played quite well against the top teams with no reward and then the expected points haul from an easier run also yielded nothing. 

I think we can see why Suso got the boot.  We've not spent a LUDICROUS amount of money but just those 4 or so players seem to have transformed us. 

Not just Liverpool but our first 2 wins we also looked a really good PL team. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Yes special attention, I thought it was lovely how he gave Smith some respect and said you've *built something special* many have failed to give Smith any respect at all so it's nice from the man in charge of the team that we did a good number on.

Yeah, seeing him applaud Smith at the final whistle was really great to see. I was so happy for Deano and his staff when that happened. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Going back to the questioning of Dean 6 months or so ago there was always a lot of debate about if the players were not good enough or if Dean was not getting the best out of them. 

When you look back on that squad of 6 months ago I think we'd spent SO much money that we assumed at last most of them were up to scratch. 

Thinking back now players like Taylor, Elghazi, Nakamba, Hause, Guilbert and especially the strikers really were sub standard.  Probably the good results we got early on were in spite of the players.   The bench was diobolical so no way to bring strong reinforcements on. 

I lost the faith a little because we just couldn't buy a point.  We had played quite well against the top teams with no reward and then the expected points haul from an easier run also yielded nothing. 

I think we can see why Suso got the boot.  We've not spent a LUDICROUS amount of money but just those 4 or so players seem to have transformed us. 

So many new faces around the team meant that it was always going to take time for them to gel. You're talking young guys moving families and getting familiar with surroundings etc. It's a big club with big ambitions too so it was always going to take time. The key was always to stay up so they had that time to settle and then show what they're really made of this season and beyond. 

26 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Yes special attention, I thought it was lovely how he gave Smith some respect and said you've *built something special* many have failed to give Smith any respect at all so it's nice from the man in charge of the team that we did a good number on.

They have taken this whole thing annoyingly well!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Yeah, seeing him applaud Smith at the final whistle was really great to see. I was so happy for Deano and his staff when that happened. 

Yes Dean has found it really tough to get any Recognition when hes done well, so coming from a top coach like Klopp in front of the cameras, it really is something big for him. I think he will take that and say to himself now I'm on the right track, let's see how I can make this better.

Along time ago when Smith first arrived I had said I felt like he was the second coming of Alex Ferguson, so far I think hes on the right track, just without flying boots.

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

They have taken this whole thing annoyingly well!

I dont think they have at all, the fans have not for sure, especially on there fan forums, one of which was shut down from what I was reading in the second half lmao.

Klopp has to take it well, if he gets mad at something like that in front of the cameras hed be seen as fragile and losing the plot.

The players- some will, some wont bounce back from that thrashing. Some down right took our players for granted, some got out played and some thought they were just to good for our lads. Each and everyone of them will be hurt inside one way or another because of that defeat they never ever thought was possible.

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I dont think they have at all, the fans have not for sure, especially on there fan forums, one of which was shut down from what I was reading in the second half lmao.

Klopp has to take it well, if he gets mad at something like that in front of the cameras hed be seen as fragile and losing the plot.

The players- some will, some wont bounce back from that thrashing. Some down right took our players for granted, some got out played and some thought they were just to good for our lads. Each and everyone of them will be hurt inside one way or another because of that defeat they never ever thought was possible.

TAA and Gomez will be mentally shot. Keita and Robertson looked shell shocked. Salah looked vexed. Adrian is gone though. VVD looked peed off he'll bounce back. I'm going to watch their next game with real interest as I think the liverscum myth could be over.

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I couldn't actually find the thread, but I was sure someone on this forum made a thread 3 weeks ago ish, where they said someone is soon due a proper spanking from us. Or something along those lines. 

Just wanted to tip my hat. Well played. 

Yep. And I responded to the OP by suggesting that we would be the ones getting the spanking - from Liverpool. Boy, was I wrong. 

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

TAA and Gomez will be mentally shot. Keita and Robertson looked shell shocked. Salah looked vexed. Adrian is gone though. VVD looked peed off he'll bounce back. I'm going to watch their next game with real interest as I think the liverscum myth could be over.

I agree, I doubt professionalism can even over come a battering like that.

It's that bad that both Liverpool and United have took to roasting one n other over it, despite the fact there is a goal difference, both were badly humiliated on the same day. I think what makes pool look worse is the fact they were cheering and loving the fact United had got obliterate, then it goes and happens to them slightly worse and somehow United fans will see Karma in that. 

Both have recruited very poorly have they not? Neither club have spent money where they should and for the first time you could potentially see both Pool and United without European qualification. There are so many teams that have invested better than Pool and United that they are dangerously close to performing at at mid table or lower finishes they way they are playing.

How many teams are now going to go at them and try to do what Villa and spurs did, there will be each and every one of them looking to humiliate Pool and United. They should as well, Villa and Spurs proved how Fragile both Pool and United are at the moment and they should capitalise on what happened to them, every way they can in anyway they can 

Would love us to go to Manchester United and pull a similar win off for a good many reasons, I would love Grealish and the lads to punish United.

You had to feel for Salah in a way, seriously that guy was the only bloke on there team who looked like he had heart in the game. Gomez was absolute shocking and Van dijk just couldnt cope with Barkley and Ollie. Arnold looked like he had his whole world shattered by Grealish, while Wijnaldum, Keita and Fabinho looked battered from Luiz and McGinn constantly hounding them. Both keepers from United and Pool looked so annoyed at themselves that you could see the tears bursting out of them. They looked like they were about to throw themselves off of cliffs together like a pair of lemmings because how hurt they were.

Our 4-2-3-1 was an excellent formation to play against Pools 4-3-3. To be honest I played that formation on fifa 20 alongside a 4-1-2-1-2 and both are lovely formations to play for attacking or counter attacking football.

I agree both Pool and United next games are really a must watch now, I will be wanting to see myself how they react to being done the way they were. Both teams had thirteen goals scored against them, some would say this is there unlucky season all because of that number lol.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

We did give ourselves a ridiculous task but giving that we went on that run to get promoted ahead of schedule, we did what we had to do and God was with us last season, given how much went against us, we did have some good fortune in the end.

All the new signings look a considerable upgrade, not every player works, that a given but the average age of the squad bodes well for us to operate much safer financially. 

Still pissed we are going to have to wait till January to get the rocket but who knows we may not need him.

Â