Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Nah ah I wanted exactly what was put out today with Traore playing.

Me too bar didn't mind Trez but said double pivot with #10 in front which what we had but I'll leave it at that

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Me too bar didn't mind Trez but said double pivot with #10 in front which what we had but I'll leave it at that

I know, I just checked after I suspected I was being gas lit!

You and I were talking about it last Tuesday in the transfer window thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They should make the full game watchable, but they will do just highlights of us thrashing pool, yet the whole game should be free to all fans to watch for free.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its a joke. Souness is a complete and utter mug

Screenshot_20201005-062236_Facebook.jpg

And a racially stereotypical one at that. He needs to have a visit to Her Majesty's Judiciary for his comments yesterday about The Proud Latin race.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great result yesterday. It's good to see him finally get some recognition for the job he's doing as well. A couple of articles/tweets form journos knocking about praising his coaching and so on, whereas when he got mentioned in the press last year it was always a passing remark saying very little.

Link to post
Share on other sites

From BBC Dean Smith comments 

Quote

On Barkley giving Villa a new dimension: “He does. We tweaked our system and had two holders in Douglas Luiz and John McGinn and freed up Ross as a 10 and tried to keep them down one side

That would explain why they attacked more down our right it's because we allowed them to. We nullified TAA completely and limited the Brilliant Salah to scraps. He's so good he still scored although they were slight errors from us. Excellent tactics which meant TAA had to do the things that he isn't good at -defend.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I tell you what theres plenty of highlights up this morning on YouTube alone of our win all in foreign, we must be the talk.

Edited by Dave-R
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Its a joke. Souness is a complete and utter mug

Screenshot_20201005-062236_Facebook.jpg

It's ok if they dont pay respects we will make them pay it.

Yeah Pundits do not like giving us Villa what its earned.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

And a racially stereotypical one at that. He needs to have a visit to Her Majesty's Judiciary for his comments yesterday about The Proud Latin race.

Don’t really rate the fella, but you think he should be brought before the court for saying that Latin football has a culture of cynical play? I think it’s well within the spectrum of debate. I am of the persuasion that individuals should be held accountable for their actions not groups or ‘identities’. Yet, Souness shouldn’t be silenced. Sky shouldn’t have apologised, but should have debated him on the matter. 
 

I thought Smith got the tactics spot on yesterday. I felt he did this during project restart at Anfield too, although we didn’t have the players to implement. Higher line, lower block and congesting the middle of the pitch. Tried to exploit Liverpool’s high line with Trez that night. Last night was exploited but the whole front 3. Midfield was absolutely tenacious. Barkley beating press with his running was key too. As you say, funnelled Liverpool’s play down their left. Well played Smith. Hoping he’s starting to gain belief in himself as a Premier league coach too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GENTLEMAN said:

Don’t really rate the fella, but you think he should be brought before the court for saying that Latin football has a culture of cynical play? I think it’s well within the spectrum of debate. I am of the persuasion that individuals should be held accountable for their actions not groups or ‘identities’. Yet, Souness shouldn’t be silenced. Sky shouldn’t have apologised, but should have debated him on the matter. 
 

I thought Smith got the tactics spot on yesterday. I felt he did this during project restart at Anfield too, although we didn’t have the players to implement. Higher line, lower block and congesting the middle of the pitch. Tried to exploit Liverpool’s high line with Trez that night. Last night was exploited but the whole front 3. Midfield was absolutely tenacious. Barkley beating press with his running was key too. As you say, funnelled Liverpool’s play down their left. Well played Smith. Hoping he’s starting to gain belief in himself as a Premier league coach too. 

He specifically said I've been in Latin countries and that's what they're like. And that Lamela will sleep well because that's what the Latin culture has bred in him. Whether he meant Latin football or not is a moot point. It's not on. Messi is Latin and gets chunks kicked out of him every game and stays on his feet. So even saying Latin football is a dangerous game.

He should have focused on Lamela and not his race. British players have done it too. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â