Dean Smith

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Not my intention at all. Trying to point out the hypocritical nature of some of the views from last season. It's easy in hindsight definitely, but I thought it was quite clear how difficult Dean had it last season. 

Imagine if, like many wanted, Dean had been sacked. I wonder where we might be and how bad things could've been for us. 

I'm glad, for starters, that the board saw the future with dean. It's good we have the people at the top of this club making the right decisions. 

Yes you ar right.....but how many managers have the same things been said and it hasn't worked out......some of us have a longer list of examples to consider.

The hierarchy do need to be applauded, you are quite right....but they also have the ability to see, all the behind the scenes stuff we are not privvy too.

In the main, we only have results to go by, so I am more than happy to say, they seen a bit more than some of us, inc me.

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

No not at all.

It was the manner of the defeats that bugged me.

I can accept losing games. But don't go out with a whimper. Players didn't turn up at times last season and it's so frustrating as a fan.

Mentality seem to have completely changed. But not for the B team. Seeing them against Stoke gave me horrific flashbacks from what we used to be. And that may suggest it had nothing to do with Dean. Some of our players may just be really weak mentally and it scares me.

The likes of Lansbury, Hause and Guilbert are not trustable. God help us if we get some key injuries.

Did Liverpool not go out with even less than a whimper? Did their players all turn up? Was their mentality on point?

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

Yes you ar right.....but how many managers have the same things been said and it hasn't worked out......some of us have a longer list of examples to consider.

The hierarchy do need to be applauded, you are quite right....but they also have the ability to see, all the behind the scenes stuff we are not privvy too.

In the main, we only have results to go by, so I am more than happy to say, they seen a bit more than some of us, inc me.

Very true. But despite this comment, I also remember a few people commenting on the board and how they weren't trusted. How purslow can't be trusted and he is using the club as his plaything or something similar.

We had no reason not to trust them. None. Let's hope we live and learn though.

Like you said a few posts back, let's hope when we suffer defeat that we look at it more objectively and not start throwing disgusting accusations towards our board and asking for the managers head.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Did Liverpool not go out with even less than a whimper? Did their players all turn up? Was their mentality on point?

It can happen once or twice.

But when it happens multiple times in the course of a season there is a problem. My initial thoughts was directed at the coaching team but seeing these group of players compared to the likes of Guilbert, El Ghazi and Engels it does suggest that we have players who are genuinely mentally weak and aren't trustworthy.

If you look at the game against Stoke it's frightening. These are the players we will have to call upon if we face key injuries, and they should be nowhere near this club.

Edited by villalad21

1 minute ago, Mjvilla said:

Very true. But despite this comment, I also remember a few people commenting on the board and how they weren't trusted. How purslow can't be trusted and he is using the club as his plaything or something similar.

We had no reason not to trust them. None. Let's hope we live and learn though.

Like you said a few posts back, let's hope when we suffer defeat that we look at it more objectively and not start throwing disgusting accusations towards our board and asking for the managers head.

Frustration does get the better of us at times and passion can work in reverse.....we say things we don't mean, but lets off steam..nd we don't always know the true position of things going on at BMH.

we can all say things we regret and hindsight is an exact science......sure you need to be praised for sticking to your guns and backing the king whan some of us was running for the hills....well done.

Hopefully, we can all get on the same page and we can learn from last season ......a bit more positivity after a reversal.....I think we can do that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

But when it happens multiple times in the course of a season there is a problem. My initial thoughts was directed at the coaching team but seeing these group of players compared to the likes of Guilbert, El Ghazi and Engels it does suggest that we have players who are genuinely mentally weak and aren't trustworthy.

If you look at the game against Stoke it's frightening. These are the players we will have to call upon if we face key injuries, and they should be nowhere near this club.

I agree that team looked weak and putting all the weak ones together....what do we get?

However, putting one in a strong first team, they may well raise their game to the higher level required and not be so exposed.

We are always going to be looking for better quality now, but maybe just a few every window.....I think mass immigration is over for us.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TRO said:

Frustration does get the better of us at times and passion can work in reverse.....we say things we don't mean, but lets off steam..nd we don't always know the true position of things going on at BMH.

we can all say things we regret and hindsight is an exact science......sure you need to be praised for sticking to your guns and backing the king whan some of us was running for the hills....well done.

Hopefully, we can all get on the same page and we can learn from last season ......a bit more positivity after a reversal.....I think we can do that.

Amen to that!

42 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The odd player coming in and out of the best 11 should be OK. Not all teams go through a season with their best 11 turned out in every game. 

We can only do so much each season in terms of FFP so we just have to keep bolstering as and when the chance arises. We have done well with what we have spent. If we get £100m at the end of this season we can go out and buy another 5 quality players. 

33 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

The odd player coming in and out of the best 11 should be OK. Not all teams go through a season with their best 11 turned out in every game. 

We can only do so much each season in terms of FFP so we just have to keep bolstering as and when the chance arises. We have done well with what we have spent. If we get £100m at the end of this season we can go out and buy another 5 quality players. 

I hope so.

Nakamba looks ok at least.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I agree that team looked weak and putting all the weak ones together....what do we get?

However, putting one in a strong first team, they may well raise their game to the higher level required and not be so exposed.

We are always going to be looking for better quality now, but maybe just a few every window.....I think mass immigration is over for us.

totally agree. traore did just fine in his brief cameo sunday as did nakamba

7 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

What a load of shit.

Football is too fluid, with factors not taken into consideration like fatigue etc. 

We set up a certain way, we identify major trends and go about exploiting those - this is just football for excel experts and thus its a lot of of spunkcrud. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I cannot say anything else but admitting he has my full backing now. Anything else would be hypocritical of me.

I cannot believe what we just did. I am still sitting here shell shocked.

Long may it continue. Well done everyone at AVFC

You could also admit you know nothing about football ;) 

Glad you’re back.

The spirit and togetherness of the club in the promotion push, and to date, is easily the best it's been since before MON even, and the football has been excellent. Survival was the goal last year, and it was patently obvious to any sane fan that it would be very difficult given the ins and outs over the summer. And yes, there were lows last season. Regardless, Dean earned the right to complete the season, and thank God he did and no-one at Villa was listening to the nut jobs on here.

If you were Smith Out at any point last season... you need your head checking.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I do wonder how much of an influence Shakespeare has had. We do seem to be playing the way Leicester did when they won the league. Not having as much of the ball but looking deadly when we win it back. 

Well we're still studying the stuff 400 years later so I'd say he's been very influential.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:
1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

What a load of shit.

Football is too fluid, with factors not taken into consideration like fatigue etc. 

We set up a certain way, we identify major trends and go about exploiting those - this is just football for excel experts and thus its a lot of of spunkcrud. 

I think his analyses is pretty much spot on, imo

Edited by Danishlad

Â