Dean Smith

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I meant bloody Gomez, dont know why I said Mane, not one bit I dont know why I wrote his name.

If it's one thing you can count on at VillaTalk when making a mistake is the lurkers in the waiting, waiting for the odd mistake so they can rack up some smiley faces 😉. Then you know at that point no matter what's said however good or bad it gets ignored by the Lurker and his mistake lovers. Sometimes it's like a wildlife program, The poster puts the bait down (the mistake), Lurker (the animal) takes Bait and makes a meal of the said Bait, then camera crew are in the bushes filming it, sharing it and beating one off saying ooooh yeah more, more, more in a barry white voice. Then they wait for the next one and the next one like a drug it is to some of you lol, heres ten smiley faces just to tide you by till the next person makes a mistake 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

I'm working on it Dave.lol.....a few curved balls should do it.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

To be fair to them, Liverpool's players, manager and fans have been nothing but classy. Its their media pundit pals and fans of other clubs who want to make excuses for or demonize Liverpool. Its not complex, Smith and our players had a great performance and Liverpool and Klopp kept pushing to get back into the game and conceded as they did so. They are still a great team with a great manager.

If this was Leeds everyone would be celebrating champagne football and rightly so.

At first yes.  Now the bitterness is starting to show from some.

• Haha 1

I’m still just buzzing. I’m so happy for Dean, he had a lot of doubters (myself included) and he is proving us all wrong.

He has remained calm throughout, and has improved the team significantly these last 4 months. Of course we have been one of the biggest winners from COVID/lockdown both from the break and financially this summer, but Dean has took the ball and ran with it.

Dean Smith’s Tricky Villans ❤️ UTV!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This is true. A Liverpool fan i know has spent all summer posting reminders about how they are PL champions.

After Sunday at first it was all fair play,enjoy it,we didn't turn up etc

Yesterday he was reduced to posting a screen shot of the 2016 6-1 defeat.....they've had enough now and want it forgotten and reduced to some strange FIFA 2020 like blip, but while there is no PL football it won't go away.

7 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

This is true. A Liverpool fan i know has spent all summer posting reminders about how they are PL champions.

Yesterday he was reduced to posting a screen shot of the 2016 6-1 defeat.....they've had enough now and want it forgotten and reduced to some strange FIFA 2020 like blip, but while there is no PL football it won't go away.

My cousin sends me some random stat about their superb records after every Liverpool win. I even got an imagine of Jota after he scored his first goal. Since Sunday I sent one imagine of the Grim Reaper at doors which isn’t even an attack at Liverpool. I got some shit Paisley quote about how teams celebrate victory’s against Liverpool and do laps of honour.

The bitterness amazes me!

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

6 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

However, its no good us gloating, that just encourages a negative response.

They are still a superb team.

We just need to enjoy it and move on to the next challenge, Leicester.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

My cousin sends me some random stat about their superb records after every Liverpool win. I even got an imagine of Jota after he scored his first goal. Since Sunday I sent one imagine of the Grim Reaper at doors which isn’t even an attack at Liverpool. I got some shit Paisley quote about how teams celebrate victory’s against Liverpool and do laps of honour.

The bitterness amazes me!

Rise above it.....because you can, now.

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That shows how shallow they are.....que sera sera.

• Like 1

Smith and co are doing a fantastic job at the minute, one that is not getting a lot of credit apart from well deserved praise from Villa fans, but I wish he'd stop telling everyone how he planned for the matches during post-match interviews. Let the other teams figure that out for themselves and don't give away the trade secrets. Unless of course he's leading them down the garden path, then by all means continue.

50 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Smith and co are doing a fantastic job at the minute, one that is not getting a lot of credit apart from well deserved praise from Villa fans, but I wish he'd stop telling everyone how he planned for the matches during post-match interviews. Let the other teams figure that out for themselves and don't give away the trade secrets. Unless of course he's leading them down the garden path, then by all means continue.

Still refreshing to here a manager talk sense though, instead of the “we set out to give it a right go , your only as good as your strikers come may  we’ll be there and there abouts”

• Like 1

He must be feeling great right now......yeah, he is still learning.....I guess Klopp learnt a bit the other night too.

Dean has humility, which is a massive tool in man management, its a precious ingredient.

I have said in the past, he will make his name with us and he is young enough to do that.

much credit must go to Purslow and the owners, for sticking with him through, choppy waters.

well done Dean.

• Like 1

Club legend?

10 game winning streak, promoted at the first attempt. Playoff final euphoria, got us to a cup final, kept us up against all odds with a completely rehauled squad. 7-2 win over Liverpool.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So much good has rightly been pointed out about Sunday but one thing that really impressed me is how the team defended even when 7 goals up. They were still playing like their live theirs depended on it and desperate not to concede. Excellent to see! 

A brilliant point.....so significant.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

No matter when he leaves, I'll remember the first two years of Dean Smith at Aston Villa forever.

Let's hope the momentum carries on and that becomes the first five years...

Baring unusual circumstances.....i don't see that happening anytime soon....this could be a long tenure....hope so anyway.

• Like 1

Â