Dean Smith

Demitri_C

On 26/05/2020 at 17:18, villalad21 said:

We'll get relegated if we go gung ho.

You won't get away with it in this league.

You don't have to be gung ho and playing risky football to play attacking football. When we attack we score when we defend we concede multiple goals and lose our lead it is as simple as that. The more we defend the more the opponents can ratchet up the pressure. It happened against spurs, arsenal, Liverpool, wolves and I'm sure other teams as well. We need to keep possession and be ruthless whnlen we have the ball.

We shouldn't play risky passes around the back if you are under pressure out it out for a throw in so the team can get back in position and put them under pressure. We have the creativity within our players to score so why we waste it and rely entirely on jack is beyond me. The passes up top have to be in the ground and accurate not wild hoofs ike they were earlier in the season. Our wingers need to run in behind and cut in. Our striker needs to drop. We need to put creative pressure on the opponents with our movement until we have a freeman and once we have a freeman we can exploit him which will create other free men and we can go on and score. We need to cut the ball back in the box. We need midfielders to make late runs into the box like hourihane does it almost always results in a goal, penalty or corner. These are all relatively simple changes but it could result in us scoring more frequently and us conceding fewer. 

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

You don't have to be gung ho and playing risky football to play attacking football. When we attack we score when we defend we concede multiple goals and lose our lead it is as simple as that. The more we defend the more the opponents can ratchet up the pressure. It happened against spurs, arsenal, Liverpool, wolves and I'm sure other teams as well. We need to keep possession and be ruthless whnlen we have the ball.

We shouldn't play risky passes around the back if you are under pressure out it out for a throw in so the team can get back in position and put them under pressure. We have the creativity within our players to score so why we waste it and rely entirely on jack is beyond me. The passes up top have to be in the ground and accurate not wild hoofs ike they were earlier in the season. Our wingers need to run in behind and cut in. Our striker needs to drop. We need to put creative pressure on the opponents with our movement until we have a freeman and once we have a freeman we can exploit him which will create other free men and we can go on and score. We need to cut the ball back in the box. We need midfielders to make late runs into the box like hourihane does it almost always results in a goal, penalty or corner. These are all relatively simple changes but it could result in us scoring more frequently and us conceding fewer. 

Keeping the ball is a part of defending, its a defensive action......thats what many of us have been bitching about.....sure it gives us an opportunity to strike, but it has a dual purpose......the opposition without the ball are rendered a non threat.....my interpretation is thats a form of defending.

its not just last ditch tackles or bullying opponents off the ball....its keeping the ball too.

sitting deep is not a wise thing to do, but keeping the ball further up pitch is an excellent way to defend, waiting for that moment to strike and turnover play.

Sad news for Dean and his family.

I record my condolences, Ron must have been very proud of Dean.

Ron was very much one of the Villa family.....very sad news.

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

I agree with the passing, we need to be smarter without passing. Not just passing from the back but passing from midfield onto the forward line, it has to be better,  much better. 

I'm afraid unless we can bring a few new players in to secure midfield and make the Wings at least workable, we will not only be seeing more of the same but we will be talking about this still in the championship.

I'm still sticking to the thought that if we make the midfield more solid and hold the majority of our game time between midfield and Wings, we should at least see much less errors from our defensive and keeper players.

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Gut wrenching news. Say what you like about Smith as a manager, but there's no denying as a human being he's up there with the best of them. 

Sad news.

Edited by foreveryoung

Only just heard the news. What a sad time for the family and his family, friends and the fans can’t even properly rally around him with all the social distancing required 😪

Edited by LondonLax

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

Let’s not give any airtime to that BCFC tool! He obviously has nothing of any real value in his life and clearly has a very small penis. Move on.....

100% this.  Idiot of the highest order.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

What a sad individual.

They all are... (for obvious reasons) but 99.9% of them, wouldn't condone the comments made by this heartless sleazebag!:angry:    

18 hours ago, John said:

They all are... (for obvious reasons) but 99.9% of them, wouldn't condone the comments made by this heartless sleazebag!:angry:    

The thing for me John, I have never stooped so low as they do, its quite sad they expend more energy hating the vIlla than loving the Blues.

I was Born and brought up in Small Heath, and had to deal with it, as I am sure you can imagine.....walking up Muntz St as a kid, coming from a vIlla game with my scarf tucked away in my jacket, was a regular occurrence.

I love Aston Villa and always will, but I have no energy left over to spare in hating any other club....but thats just me.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Wow just wow. I hope someone reports this vermin to the police.

20200529_102315.jpg

Oh for five minutes in a locked room with this  clown. Beggars beyond belief. They should buy the ground level it build an Aldi on it and draw a line under the whole sorry experience 

17 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Wow just wow. I hope someone reports this vermin to the police.

20200529_102315.jpg

Right because theyve never had a player from Villa right?? I never understand this kind of mentality, there is not liking a club because it's a rival (understandable), it goes with the competition of the sport, but to say such ******* (Well I cant cant think of any words to put here for this behaviour so you fill it in)  things is just not human, complete pathetic waste of a life.

It's very sad his dad passed away just as it has been for everyone who has lost someone during this Corona, seeing this makes me angry. We all have to go through losing those closest to us at some point, so why on earth anyone would want to make someone's passing a disrespectful time I do not know. Those people who say these moronic things to get at others are the same idiots who eventually when they lose someone do not know how to cope with there loved ones passing and it isnt until they lose someone close to them that they will ever truly understand what's it's like.

It all takes me make to when I was at school in wolves,went to a secondary school that was out of my area, I knew no one all the other kids were new to me and they all knwe each other, so I was obvious I was always going to have to fight through being bullied. Well one day in my first year of secondary school one of the kids said something about my dad (who they knew full well id watched die of cancer when I was four years old), it didnt sit well with me and I saw red and hit him with the chair. We were enemys for a very long time and the only time we spoke was when we were throwing insults at each other. One day came though and he had not been to school for few days, he was very upset, I'd found out he lost his dad, but because I knew what it was like. I spoke to him from then on and every day I'd speak to him do my best try to be a friend, and out of it became a great friendship and was one of my very best friends.

You see some people just do not understand because they have never had to go through the hurt others have, eventually though when it happens to you it does change you, sometimes for the better and sometimes for worse.This person eventually will change when he has his day of losing that someone who's close to him, will he change for the better or for the worse or who's to say it hasnt happened already and it's made him worse, we dont know either way it's always unacceptable to be like this.

Back then we didnt have internet like we do now, malicious things were sent round school or an area l, now days its everywhere as fast as it is to say hello, one thing you can bet on, is most people hide behind there screen, most wouldnt say something that disgusting to someones face.

I bet theres a few city fans supporting it but if I went to that site manymore would be hating the guy for saying such a horrible thing,things like this always come back to bite the person in the ass.

Wouldnt surprise me if we hear of this guys getting slapped soon, having go into hiding or getting banned from games for his behaviour and he deserves whatever comes his way to be honest.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2

Â