Dean Smith

Demitri_C

15 hours ago, LondonLax said:

He’s regretting it

Social media is just not his thing.....he needs to keep away from something, he can't handle.

6 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Right because theyve never had a player from Villa right?? I never understand this kind of mentality, there is not liking a club because it's a rival (understandable), it goes with the competition of the sport, but to say such ******* (Well I cant cant think of any words to put here for this behaviour so you fill it in)  things is just not human, complete pathetic waste of a life.

It's very sad his dad passed away just as it has been for everyone who has lost someone during this Corona, seeing this makes me angry. We all have to go through losing those closest to us at some point, so why on earth anyone would want to make someone's passing a disrespectful time I do not know. Those people who say these moronic things to get at others are the same idiots who eventually when they lose someone do not know how to cope with there loved ones passing and it isnt until they lose someone close to them that they will ever truly understand what's it's like.

It all takes me make to when I was at school in wolves,went to a secondary school that was out of my area, I knew no one all the other kids were new to me and they all knwe each other, so I was obvious I was always going to have to fight through being bullied. Well one day in my first year of secondary school one of the kids said something about my dad (who they knew full well id watched die of cancer when I was four years old), it didnt sit well with me and I saw red and hit him with the chair. We were enemys for a very long time and the only time we spoke was when we were throwing insults at each other. One day came though and he had not been to school for few days, he was very upset, I'd found out he lost his dad, but because I knew what it was like. I spoke to him from then on and every day I'd speak to him do my best try to be a friend, and out of it became a great friendship and was one of my very best friends.

You see some people just do not understand because they have never had to go through the hurt others have, eventually though when it happens to you it does change you, sometimes for the better and sometimes for worse.This person eventually will change when he has his day of losing that someone who's close to him, will he change for the better or for the worse or who's to say it hasnt happened already and it's made him worse, we dont know either way it's always unacceptable to be like this.

Back then we didnt have internet like we do now, malicious things were sent round school or an area l, now days its everywhere as fast as it is to say hello, one thing you can bet on, is most people hide behind there screen, most wouldnt say something that disgusting to someones face.

I bet theres a few city fans supporting it but if I went to that site manymore would be hating the guy for saying such a horrible thing,things like this always come back to bite the person in the ass.

Wouldnt surprise me if we hear of this guys getting slapped soon, having go into hiding or getting banned from games for his behaviour and he deserves whatever comes his way to be honest.

Its generally down to personalities Dave.....some folk like to give, be generous and tolerant, some just take, riddled with jealosy and enjoy doing harm.

its sad, but part and parcel of human make up.

These people have a big gaping hole in them and just fill with hate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be fair he got a lot of abuse from his own fans for that post. 

Bit like the gobshite who posted about Jack brother after the derby and they turned on him. There is a line and I think about 99 percent of people can see this just the loud minority of clearings in the woods. 

If roles were reversed I would expect the sane Villa fans to do the same

• Like 1

14 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Sad to hear about his father.

Is it right he suffered from dementia? That's just awful.

It's a terrible thing to live with. My grandfather suffered from it and you lose a part of yourself. At the end he couldn't even recognize me and rest of the family.

Rest in peace Ron Smith.

One very sad thing was Ron never knew Dean was manager of the club.

Dean said he told him, but was unsure it registered with him.....Ron being Villa mad, what a sad scenario.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, John said:

I see that Birmingham Live has reported the following idea for the Sheffield United game at Villa Park:

Placing a stewards jacket on a seat in the Holte End as a mark of respect to Ron Smith. 

Nice idea. How about several of them on seats to spell out RON behind the goal?

I like the one jacket idea...seems far more fitting!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Nigel said:

I like the one jacket idea...seems far more fitting!

Yes, I just thought that it might make a bigger impact on television (but who really cares about television, with hindsight?). I guess Dean will rightly get the final say on how the club mark the loss of his father. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, John said:

Yes, I just thought that it might make a bigger impact on television (but who really cares about television, with hindsight?). I guess Dean will rightly get the final say on how the club mark the loss of his father. 

What would be the best send of is our players go out there and play the game of there lives for Ron, Dean, the club and make a heck of a statement on that day.

We all know that the league is trying to get those teams who are behind on game to catch up so they can finalise the table and relegate the bottom three. So be it win or lose so long as our players give it there all against Sheffield utd for Ron and Dean I'll be happy and accept the outcome..

• Like 1

Yes Dave-R, that's exactly what they want. Get the two outstanding games out of the way to bring everyone back to parity and then play each round of games and if it then gets bad we can just scrap it but, only after Liverpool's title is sealed. We just need to make sure that we are alert to that and have ourselves ahead of the curve and being out of the bottom three. 

Edited by Villarocker

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

Yes Dave-R, that's exactly what they want. Get the two outstanding games out of the way to bring everyone back to parity and then play each round of games and if it then gets bad we can just scrap it but, only after Liverpool's title is sealed. We just need to make sure that we are alert to that and have ourselves ahead of the curve and being out of the bottom three. 

They are prepared to finish the season no matter what.

Even with depleted squads. As long as you have a starting eleven and a sub bench they won't stop the league.

Trust me bud. League won't stop after the first fixture.

31 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

They are prepared to finish the season no matter what.

Even with depleted squads. As long as you have a starting eleven and a sub bench they won't stop the league.

Trust me bud. League won't stop after the first fixture.

yep henry winter said as much last week - season must be finished even if its with depleted squads

Â