Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

They are prepared to finish the season no matter what.

Even with depleted squads. As long as you have a starting eleven and a sub bench they won't stop the league.

Trust me bud. League won't stop after the first fixture.

Tell me why there are no other fixtures in place other than the teams behind on games, surely we can all smell what's happening here cant we.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Tell me why there are no other fixtures in place other than the teams behind on games, surely we can all smell what's happening here cant we.

It is an inconvenient thing to get out of the way.

But it's very clear they are fully committed finishing the season. Unless some big spike in infection rates happens i can't see the season not finishing.

12 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I would expect its more because they're trying to agree how to stagger the kick off times for maximum TV exposure

for "safety" no games will be played at the same time, id half expect Sky to try their festival of football bollocks and there be games played every day too

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

They have a meeting on Thursday to agree the remaining fixtures. 

Probably they want all teams on the same amount of games.That way if they have to end the season prematurely again they will just use the standings as they stand.Means its really important that we beat Sheffield Utd and keep out of the relegation zone at all times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It makes sense to play the two spare games as early as possible. What I don't really understand though is why they're still putting FA cup games on weekends. For example the quarter finals are on weekend of June 27th so again you'll have likes of Man. United and Norwich having games in hand pretty early on in the restart so same problem if you suddenly have to stop (think that's unlikely anyway).

Surely best to get league all done and then you can complete FA cup over 10 days at start of August.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

They are prepared to finish the season no matter what.

Even with depleted squads. As long as you have a starting eleven and a sub bench they won't stop the league.

Trust me bud. League won't stop after the first fixture.

So, if the cases start rising and Liverpool win the league and thousands of fans congregate around Anfield and there's pandemonium you're telling me that the league will continue even if advice from all around says to stop it?

After one more stoppage they will call time on the season and it will br as you are lads. The bottom three will go down. We need to make sure we aren't amongst them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Are the first two fixtures even in place? There are no tickets for sale via Villa's website and there are no fixtures at all when you click on "fixtures". 

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It makes sense to play the two spare games as early as possible. What I don't really understand though is why they're still putting FA cup games on weekends. For example the quarter finals are on weekend of June 27th so again you'll have likes of Man. United and Norwich having games in hand pretty early on in the restart so same problem if you suddenly have to stop (think that's unlikely anyway).

Surely best to get league all done and then you can complete FA cup over 10 days at start of August.

They could have started all at once and then fit the two games in afterwards. They didn't and it is for one reason only, to get everyone to a level amount of games played in case they have to cull the season. As soon as Liverpool get their trophy it could be pulled at any time afterwards. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Are the first two fixtures even in place? There are no tickets for sale via Villa's website and there are no fixtures at all when you click on "fixtures". 

In the last hour

We are at 6pm, expect man City vs arsenal to be at 8pm for integrity reasons 

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

In the last hour

We are at 6pm, expect man City vs arsenal to be at 8pm for integrity reasons 

Is it free to view do you know

12 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Is it free to view do you know

It being shown for free in the UK doesn't mean that they aren't making money on the foreign markets, advertising and in game marketing 

Like I said they're staggering the games for maximum exposure, they will make even more money from these games

When judging Smith people seem to overlook the fact that for a large chunk of the season we've been without three of our best and most important players, Wesley, Heaton and McGinn, that's our main striker and leading goalscorer at the time, our No.1 goalkeeper and one of our most experienced players, and probably our second best and most creative player behind Grealish. You could also add Davis as well, he's one of our best players and makes a bigger difference than most when not injured, If they'd have stayed fit I bet we'd be in much better position now. In other words we've had some real bad luck with injuries losing four of our best players.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, useless said:

When judging Smith people seem to overlook the fact that for a large chunk of the season we've been without three of our best and most important players, Wesley, Heaton and McGinn, that's our main striker and leading goalscorer at the time, our No.1 goalkeeper and one of our most experienced players, and probably our second best and most creative player behind Grealish. You could also add Davis as well, he's one of our best players and makes a bigger difference than most when not injured, If they'd have stayed fit I bet we'd be in much better position now. In other words we've had some real bad luck with injuries losing four of our best players.

Sorry can't agree on Wesley there in the same category as Heaton and McGinn. He was important in the sense that the club failed to sign another option for that position until January. Not because of quality on the field.

He would not had gotten a sniff once Samatta was signed. Wes played 21 games and we were without a striker for 3 of those before Samatta arrived, one of which we won and another of them we drew.

• Like 1

Everyone get injuries. That's no valid excuse.

That's why we spent 100+ million in the summer.

If he fail to coach the other players and can't get the best out of his team he has failed. That's what a good manager does, get's the most out of his players.

It's why Wilder is successful. He can make bang average players like Enda Stevens look semi decent.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

I didn't put Wesley in the same category as Heaton and McGinn, but as our top goalscorer at the time he was still one of our most important players and we could have done withot losing him, even now I think he's our second top scorer in the league with five goals, Grealish has only scored two more in six more appearances.

Of course injuries is a valid excuse especially when it's four of your very best players, any team in the word would suffer, even the ones that have spent £100ms on their squad, never mind a newly promoted team from the championship.

Edited by useless

1 hour ago, useless said:

It has been a tough season, it was always going to be, but I don't think anything can excuse some of that lifeless, turgid performances witnessed for a lot of games this year. It is some of the worst football seen in many a year. For a footballing coach we are terrible at footballing.

Â