Dean Smith

Demitri_C

On 09/06/2020 at 12:29, villalad21 said:

But we haven't lost 4 of our best players. 

Samatta is better than Wesley. Samatta is better than Davis. 

McGinn and Heaton is a big loss, but McGinn is back now. There is no carpet to hide under. We have to perform, no excuses. 

Before we lost mcginn mings was out for like 6 games as well. 

On 09/06/2020 at 12:39, useless said:

I said four of our best and most important, Wesley as our top goal scorer was one of our most important players, I hate to break it to people but we're just not good enough that we can afford to  just dismiss such a loss as being inconsequential, McGinn might be back now but that doesn't take away from the fact that he missed a big chunk of the season and that will have had a detrimental affect on our ability to perform in that periiod and as a consequence we won't have taken as many points as we might have done if he'd have been fit.

But yes for the remainder of the season we just have to get on with it, and it's good to have McGinn and Davis back, as well as having Samatta as a decent alternative to Wesley, shame about the goalkeeping situation, but hopefully Reina get regain some form, if so he should be a good replacement for Heaton.

I think that Wesley and the loss of him was bad for us, his injury set us back really. We had a team a whole team and then we started to get injury's to our keepers, midfield and forwards, I think it set us back in a way it cost us big time.

It would say something would'nt it if our injurys come back and we all of a sudden at full strength start to pick a few wins up, it would mean that Smith was onto something but before it started to take place it all went topsy turvy.

I do not know about all of you but I am dreading these final games on this season.

If Smith pulls a survival off, we better being in some serious talent one way or another that at least doesn't make survival fights this bloody tough. I at least do not want to be losing to Leeds or Brom if they get promoted, it's already bad enough that they all think that they would of made better with there time in the premier than what we have,we desperately will need to reinforce the squad with much better quality.

This constant bickering and hair splitting is becoming a tad tedious. 

Time to instill some positivity . This may turn out to be one of the most important chapters in this club's history, let's show them  some love, what's the harm ?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Time to instill some positivity . This may turn out to be one of the most important chapters in this club's history, let's show them  some love, what's the harm ?

There will positivity if we see them putting a shift in.

If they yet again doesn't turn up, negativity is inevitable.

41 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

There will positivity if we see them putting a shift in.

If they yet again doesn't turn up, negativity is inevitable.

You might even describe it as embarrassing 😉

On 09/06/2020 at 11:13, villalad21 said:

I think it did help us.

Wesley was a liability. Samatta is 10 times the player.

With Keinan back Wesley wouldn't even make my bench.

It’s funny how we see things differently. I think Wesley is our best striker, then Davis with Ally as third choice. Ally may be a more natural scorer at the moment but the others are much younger and the team plays better with Wesley or Davis up front.

14 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

It’s funny how we see things differently. I think Wesley is our best striker, then Davis with Ally as third choice. Ally may be a more natural scorer at the moment but the others are much younger and the team plays better with Wesley or Davis up front.

Wesley doesn't even play up front. He is dilly dallying in midfield.

Wesley at the time of his injury was our leading goalscorer and had scored almost twenty percent of our total goals, at that point only Arsenal and the top six had scored more goals than us, we were also outside of the relegation zone.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Wesley doesn't even play up front. He is dilly dallying in midfield.

And yet he has scored Premier league goals, at a young age and in his first season. I’m not sure you really understand football. Have you ever been to VP?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

And yet he has scored Premier league goals, at a young age and in his first season. I’m not sure you really understand football. Have you ever been to VP?

How many goals did he score at VP bro? 1?

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

How many goals did he score at VP bro? 1?

Is that Dean Smith’s fault or Wes’s fault? Just checking who you hate or want to troll about more?

24 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Mate, I think you have misunderstood his username. He is not a football fan, he is just posting from his house in Spain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Is that Dean Smith’s fault or Wes’s fault? Just checking who you hate or want to troll about more?

That has nothing to do with Dean.

Wes is a very limited footballer, that's it.

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Wes is a very limited footballer, that's it.

You forgot to add.....in your opinion.....as you can’t state an opinion as fact.

As for Dean, you blame him for everything else bad so was just checking....in case Wes would’ve scored more if it wasn’t for Dean’s tactics I thought might have been your argument. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Its a forum.

you can still love them and at the same time tell it like it is.....from our own point of view..

when i am in the ground, i am totally behind them and never boo.....always keep my negative thoughts to myself.

but this is a forum, where you should be able to speak your mind.

unconditional positivity without substance, when you are 19th, is blind faith.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Mate, I think you have misunderstood his username. He is not a football fan, he is just posting from his house in Spain.

He's a wind-up merchant ! My visits to VillaTalk have greatly improved since I discovered the ignore function.

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

You forgot to add.....in your opinion.....as you can’t state an opinion as fact.

As for Dean, you blame him for everything else bad so was just checking....in case Wes would’ve scored more if it wasn’t for Dean’s tactics I thought might have been your argument. 

It isn't an opinion.

5 goals in 21 games isn't good. 2 of those goals came from an injury shot Norwich. 1 from a 10 man Arsenal under a struggling Emery.

Wesley has not been good enough along with our other transfer signings. It's one of the reasons we are 19th.

We went for quantity instead of quality and are paying for it. If Dean can turn this around i'd be mightily impressed, because i believe this bunch of players doesn't have the mentality nor the ability to have what it takes to survive a dog fight.

Edited by villalad21

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It isn't an opinion.

5 goals in 21 games isn't good. 2 of those goals came from an injury shot Norwich. 1 from a 10 man Arsenal under a struggling Emery.

Wesley has not been good enough along with our other transfer signings. It's one of the reasons we are 19th.

We went for quantity instead of quality and are paying for it. If Dean can turn this around i'd be mightily impressed, because i believe this bunch of players doesn't have the mentality nor the ability to have what it takes to survive a dog fight.

In terms of your last paragraph, i think you are right.......but I will be more than happy to be wrong.

I don't think he can get all of them to fight.

• Like 1

Â