Dean Smith

Demitri_C

I just dont see smith being fired, purslow seems to see him as a big part of the rebuilding puzzle and almost agreed in an interview that relegation might just be a part of the up, down, up bounce before we can stabalise in the premiership (if we can bounce back up).

13 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Personally I think that was an dick move. Giving it the, "I can throw money away nonsense, lets see what you can afford." Poor form. If you've got that sort of disposable cash why not just donate it to the site? I'm sure Limpid would be very appreciative. 

Try reading all posts related to this! Personally think sucking the arse of moderators is poor form!!

• Haha 2

On 12/03/2020 at 07:00, OxfordVillan said:

Not exactly putting your money where your mouth is, is it?! How about £20 at 50-1 and I’ll give all the money to Acorns if Villa win?

The post that's caused the issue here. Definitely an attempt at 'im considerably richer than yao' type thinking. In my humble opinion of course. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

I think we need an experienced PL manager now. The same as needing some experienced PL players that a) aren't over the hill and b) prone to chinning his own teammates.

Probably won’t make any decisions when we don’t know if there is going to be another game this year, don’t know when we will next see any match day income, and the economy is about to tank. 

Chelsea game almost certainly going to be called off , meaning our next fixture is in 22 days time ... surely the perfect timing to bin Smith and give the new guy 22 days to work out how to defend a corner ,make a tackle and pass a ball 5 yards ?

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Chelsea game almost certainly going to be called off , meaning our next fixture is in 22 days time ... surely the perfect timing to bin Smith and give the new guy 22 days to work out how to defend a corner ,make a tackle and pass a ball 5 yards ?

Would McGinn be back? He could be the saviour to the season!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Would McGinn be back? He could be the saviour to the season!

I keep seeing this, but we should remember that we were in the Bottom 3 when SJM  was fit and playing  up until his injury

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

We were actually only in the bottom three going into three games for the eigteen games that McGinn was fit for, in the ten games since he's been injured we've been in the bottom three going into seven of those games. In other words when he was fit we spent of our time out of the bottom three, and since he's been injured we've spent most our time in the bottom three.

23 hours ago, zab6359 said:

With this squad does anyone think we would have been in a worse league position than we are with Steve Bruce in charge?...........Just asking as I think it is very fine lines at times.

I would think the players we bought, were to fit in with Deans plans......So If Bruce was in charge, they may have been different, but he's gone now, its kind of irrelevant.

There is a clear distinction of outlook  between the 2 managers.....but all out attack or all out defence, is not the answer.......we need managers who can balance the 2 and more importantly know in a game when to do it.

comparing Bruce to Smith is a pointless excercise IMO.

Edited by TRO

We don't need an experienced manager. We need a good manager.

This whole "experience" thing is such an overrated concept.

What PL experience did Nuno and Wilder have when they got promoted? They are succeeding because they are good. Not because of lack of experience.

Smith isn't learning from his mistakes, that's the disappointing thing.

• Like 3

Â