Dean Smith

Demitri_C

59 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

OK,so Smith got us promoted ( I personally think that Jack did that ) but never mind.Lets look at where we are now ( not last season, now )

DS is a hero because he got us promoted LAST season.This season he has had 28 games ( 3/4 of a whole season ) and what has he achieved,? 19th with a very bad win record and the worst defence in the Pl for about 30 years.So, if we keep him what are we looking at ? year after year,season after season of fighting to stay up.Just look at our season now.he has already proved what he is capable of,he has already proved what he can do and shown us what he cant do.

He must go and the sooner the better for all concerned including DS as he could get another job in a division that is better suited to his skills.

I agree the defensive record is unforgivable.

In football trust isn't given it's earned.

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

The funny thing is,everyone was laughing at the appointment of Bielsa at Leeds, their probably the same ones who would like to see him come to us. 

It's a funny old game.

Were they? I’m sure most people thought it was a master stroke and didn’t understand how Leeds pulled it off! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I guarantee if the season is voided, Smith will still be at the helm next season and I, for one, will be delighted. This season's struggles will hopefully be a lesson learnt. 

He hasn't learned anything thus far, why would he learn now?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

More time to absorb and assess.  You do know he was a very good chess player, which means he's not really prone to impulsiveness, sadly that is why I stuck to draughts with the rest of the plebs.

14 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I think there's obvious stuff we're bad at, like set pieces, defending, energy, collective pressure. But there's also a lot of football that's bern good. We've held our own and played good football against many of the best sides. With rubbish recruitment like Wesley and Trez. 

Don't you think it's a good chance Smith would do better if we had better players? 

We knew this season would be brutal. We signed a new squad. Spreaf £127 million thin to get in enough squad depth. I'd keep Smith for a while more and see how we do if we can continue building with a bit more quality. We're literally one win away from being where we'd call it a successful season. Time to not overreact. 

Lets get in a better defensive coach and a better boss for recruitment. That's what we really need. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

He won his first game in charge. Are you suggesting they gave him a new contract after that? Or just talking nonsense, again.

Hello,

are you saying Dean deserved an extended contract at that time or are you just talking nonsense again? You will be calling for aLerner and Lamberk to be installed next......

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Promotion in the first year of ownership along with record attendances and season ticket sales suggest otherwise. 

Yes, but that was last year.....This year he has been found out to have little or no, recruitment or coaching ability. My analysis is isn't a personal attack on Dean who always comes across as a particularly nice bloke. Unfortunately being ' a nice bloke' doesn't count for much in football succes. See Sir Alex and 'old big gob', for examples for ruthless achievers.....

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I guarantee if the season is voided, Smith will still be at the helm next season and I, for one, will be delighted. This season's struggles will hopefully be a lesson learnt. 

I would be interested to know what you consider Smith has learnt this season. Our performances have generally got worse as the season has progressed......

ATB.

VLD.

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I have not studied it, but surely the football people would know.

If Leeds can get Biesla......I am not sure why we should have such an inferiority complex.

Smith did get promoted last season, which Bielsa didn't.  To me the most crucial thing is signing fewer but better quality players this summer if we do manage to stay up whoever is in charge (it will be Smith).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Hello,

are you saying Dean deserved an extended contract at that time or are you just talking nonsense again? You will be calling for aLerner and Lamberk to be installed next......

I never made comment regarding his performance at all. I was asking you whether he was given a new contract after one game in charge. But I'll answer it for you - he wasn't. So, again, nonsense from you.

Back to school for you.

20 minutes ago, Graham t said:

I would be interested to know what you consider Smith has learnt this season. Our performances have generally got worse as the season has progressed......

ATB.

VLD.

Well one thing is glaringly obvious the players who've performed up till now have not been good enough. Like I said , he's not stupid enough to think nothing needs changing, regardless of how stubborn he may seem. I have the confidence in him to believe he will implement the correct changes. Maybe you don't, but another change of manager is not the answer for me,and I hope it's not for the owners. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I never made comment regarding his performance at all. I was asking you whether he was given a new contract after one game in charge. But I'll answer it for you - he wasn't. So, again, nonsense from you.

Back to school for you.

No need to be 'sarky' old chap. Your attempt at humour has deflected your brain from answering the question I asked, which was wether you thought he should have been offered a contract extension when he was?

Keep up please....

ATB.

VLD.

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

The funny thing is,everyone was laughing at the appointment of Bielsa at Leeds, their probably the same ones who would like to see him come to us. 

It's a funny old game.

Just because everyone does it, it doesn’t mean they are right. He’s an excellent experienced manager who has been at the top of the game for his whole career and he is alright. I hope Leeds win The Championship because I’ve got a tenner on them but that’s selfish from me

10 minutes ago, Graham t said:

No need to be 'sarky' old chap. Your attempt at humour has deflected your brain from answering the question I asked, which was wether you thought he should have been offered a contract extension when he was?

Keep up please....

ATB.

VLD.

Think you'll find I'm still waiting for the answer to the question you asked me.

Do keep up.

Time for the block.

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think there's obvious stuff we're bad at, like set pieces, defending, energy, collective pressure. But there's also a lot of football that's bern good. We've held our own and played good football against many of the best sides. With rubbish recruitment like Wesley and Trez. 

Don't you think it's a good chance Smith would do better if we had better players? 

We knew this season would be brutal. We signed a new squad. Spreaf £127 million thin to get in enough squad depth. I'd keep Smith for a while more and see how we do if we can continue building with a bit more quality. We're literally one win away from being where we'd call it a successful season. Time to not overreact. 

Lets get in a better defensive coach and a better boss for recruitment. That's what we really need. 

We surely need many things, but my enthusiasm for a new chance at PL will be curbed somewhat if I see Smith at the dugout. With a new guy it would be like this misery of a season never happened.

I don't believe in him any more, his basics are so wrong. The whole strategy is flawed. And on top of that, if we start poorly, Smith will be under pressure in no time. And then we can't be saved any more.

Â