Dean Smith

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Like who? I don’t think chopping and changing manager is going to help

If I need repairs doing in the house, I don't stick with a guy who's not getting the job done, I'll keep trying until I find the right one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

If I need repairs doing in the house, I don't stick with a guy who's not getting the job done, I'll keep trying until I find the right one.

Who would you get in to manage the football club? 

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

I'm not involved in the game, so I've no idea who's available, or who'd be willing to come.

Can we speculate? Let’s throw a name out there, Pochettino? Although, he probably wouldn’t come here

20 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I don't think Smith is the problem, I think it's the quality of player we have brought in. That we had to resort to Drinkwater last window showed just where we were in the market and the recruitment has not been good enough for this level. 

But surely a manager, with confidence in his own ability, would not have allowed players to come in, that he thought he couldn't do anything with.

signing players, is probably one of the most single crucial thing a manager has to get right......If he has just let them ride roughshod over him and just bring them in, then he his the wrong manager anyway.

The manager has to be strong with the players, strong with the club in his view on recruitment and decisive and explicit when explaining to fans where we are going.

I see a very affable and passive man......I'm sorry.

we need a strong leader.

Let's not forget it is forbidden to criticize any aspect of a manger without also mentioning the good things he did.

As per the rules set down in the Steve Bruce thread.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

OK,so Smith got us promoted ( I personally think that Jack did that ) but never mind.Lets look at where we are now ( not last season, now )

DS is a hero because he got us promoted LAST season.This season he has had 28 games ( 3/4 of a whole season ) and what has he achieved,? 19th with a very bad win record and the worst defence in the Pl for about 30 years.So, if we keep him what are we looking at ? year after year,season after season of fighting to stay up.Just look at our season now.he has already proved what he is capable of,he has already proved what he can do and shown us what he cant do.

He must go and the sooner the better for all concerned including DS as he could get another job in a division that is better suited to his skills.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Such as?

I have not studied it, but surely the football people would know.

If Leeds can get Biesla......I am not sure why we should have such an inferiority complex.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Let's not forget it is forbidden to criticize any aspect of a manger without also mentioning the good things he did.

As per the rules set down in the Steve Bruce thread.

Thats fair, without mentioning Bruce.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have not studied it, but surely the football people would know.

If Leeds can get Biesla......I am not sure why we should have such an inferiority complex.

A big name doesn’t always equate to instant success though

It is a difficult proposition to imagine who this board might pick. They are the ones who gave Dean a contract extension after winning one game.....There is no doubting their business acumen but it is obvious that they haven't got a clue regarding running a successful football club.....I suppose they will get fed up with failure soon and disappear like Lerner did ( eventually). It would appear that finding the right owners is just as difficult as finding the 'right manager'.

Regards,

VLD.

5 minutes ago, Graham t said:

It is a difficult proposition to imagine who this board might pick. They are the ones who gave Dean a contract extension after winning one game

He won his first game in charge. Are you suggesting they gave him a new contract after that? Or just talking nonsense, again.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Graham t said:

It is a difficult proposition to imagine who this board might pick. They are the ones who gave Dean a contract extension after winning one game.....There is no doubting their business acumen but it is obvious that they haven't got a clue regarding running a successful football club.....I suppose they will get fed up with failure soon and disappear like Lerner did ( eventually). It would appear that finding the right owners is just as difficult as finding the 'right manager'.

Regards,

VLD.

Those are quite big assumptions you have made mate, and with very little, if any, substance behind them.

14 minutes ago, Graham t said:

There is no doubting their business acumen but it is obvious that they haven't got a clue regarding running a successful football club

Promotion in the first year of ownership along with record attendances and season ticket sales suggest otherwise. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

A big name doesn’t always equate to instant success though

The funny thing is,everyone was laughing at the appointment of Bielsa at Leeds, their probably the same ones who would like to see him come to us. 

It's a funny old game.

• Like 1

Â