Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

£8k should buy a few juggling balls for the FA. 

Buckets of tinsel, size 23 shoes, a car which fits 12 people in and flowers that spurt water for the next meeting 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, tinker said:

Tbh the lack of fans seems to be beneficial to us from a results point of view. My opinion is the fans put extra pressure on players when there trying to adjust to the PL, I hate to think of the sighs Bertrands/ McGinns miss placed passes would have got with the fans in. 

Does it though? Our away form has been much better than our home form this season. If anything it seems like having no fans at VP is hindering us.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Greenfly said:

Does it though? Our away form has been much better than our home form this season. If anything it seems like having no fans at VP is hindering us.

Since the fans have gone our form has improved beyond comparisons. It also gives new players more time to settle before the pressure builds. 

I think we are just a much better team than last season and having no fans creates a more even playing field.  Our home record was decent last season so there’s no reason to suggest it wouldn’t have continued that way with fans.  When villa park is happy it’s a great place for players to be. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I’m hoping we score today and the players all run towards Smith and perform a ball juggling celebration routine ... 

Or one of them has a red nose stored somewhere and puts it on 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

I’m hoping we score today and the players all run towards Smith and perform a ball juggling celebration routine ... 

Yes!  Brilliant!

Would be fantastic if we did this.

Reminds me of the other hillarious celebration many years ago with Jimmy Bullard at Hull City taking the piss out of Phil Brown.

iLKx5n8.gif

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Its bang on.....its getting the little things right, that make the big things easy....Dean has the humilty to do that.

such a massive attribute to have in Management " Humility"......not to be confused with being soft, which it sometimes is confused with.

• Thanks 1

Dean should have said to the FA, i was just reciting a Limerick to him quote:

"There was a young man from Madras

whose balls were constructed of Brass

when jangled together...They played "Stormy Weather"

and Lightning shot out of his Ass"

couldn't be Jon Moss, because he talks out of his...

• Haha 1

You know what, some people will say that Newcastle are shit, and they are, but you need to be half decent to ram that home. This evening was like watching a exhibition mate, totally dominant never needing to get out of first gear.

Smith has built a fecking good team. 

Edited by av1

I almost feel bad for Newcastle. I don't think we could've asked for an easier game than that, for me they are hands down the worst team in the league. Yes even worse than the team with 5 points currently. They're 2-0 down and just standing still as we pass it about with all the time in the world, absolutely crazy. 

Wasn't our best performance for me tonight but we still produced some absolutely delightful football in patches. It's so enjoyable watching this football club. 

Disappointed he didn’t wear a clown face mask or don a red nose for his post match interview on Sky but he looks a man confident in his ability and the job he is doing right about now  .

• Like 1

Â